Want place to stay in Galveston in April, but

tawcat

We are staying at The Galvez for one night on March 21st. I went to the website Wyndham.com. We are paying $199.00 AAA discount.

Good Luck!!

Basically it looks like you're paying for 2 nights for a 1 night stay!!!

I'm sorry, but there is no place in the world worth $200 to put your head on a pillow for one night.

Alamogirl - I'm afraid rates even went up for the Holiday Inn Sunspree for our dates - don't know if you can get that rate now even if you call. I also recommend you go online and enter your reservation and check your rate. They are now the same price as what Hotel Galvez is charging. It's crazy how the rates have changed since we booked.

• 2 weeks later...

We always stay at a B&B called The Garden Inn. Its on Ball Street. Can book fo one night at about $125 PLUS they give you a voucher for free parking right there at the port, litterly a 3 block walking distance to the ship.

What you would pay for in parking more than makes up for the over $100 a night. Last time we cruised out of Galveston it was $60 to park for the week.

Check them out online.

The host Pam is the best ans she serves a great breakfast.

Paco and Rudys was good eats

Well we still haven't booked a hotel. Wanted to stay at the Boardwalk Inn, but they want like $259 per night, ridiculous to me. The Comfort Suites in Webster wants $119 (military rate.) Hotel Galvez and the Harbor House told me a minimum 2 night stay was required. So those two are out.

So I booked parking with Lighthouse Parking; we'll drive in from Little Rock and may decide to stop in Humble, TX for the night, and then drive in from there.

TawCat... Call Harbor House or Galvez. We have people staying at both for just the one night, including myself. You cannot do it online. If they tell you there is a two night minimum, tell them you have friends staying there for one night and they will book you. I am staying at the Galvez on the 4th

Hey folks. Well we booked the Comfort Suites on 89th Street and also booked Lighthouse parking. Due to all the road construction etc, we are actually heading in on Friday the 3rd. Hopefully there will be stuff to do on Saturday. Hopefully this hotel is an okay one.

Any input on things to do for a day is appreciated.

Best Western Beachfront at 61st and Seawall. It's almost half price from what we spent the same week last year. Great Mexican reastarant/bar next door shopping next door, etc.. It's a big motel...with pool and very good breakfast...free.

Not anything near Hotel Galvez. But if you can't find anything else...this will do.

Do you know how far this is from the RCI Voyager of the Seas pier? I had an acquaintance who stayed there once and said for the price it would be worth me staying for the night prior to the sail date in April?

Thanks,

Sharon

The piers are at Harborside and 25th. The island is layed out in a grid. East to west are numbered streets (1st, 2nd, etc), north to south are letters (and some names) A (Harborside), B (Strand), J (Broadway), etc.

The island is two miles wide at its widest and 32 miles long.

Major road construction with highway closures should be complete now.

There is always something to do on the island. Check the Grand Opera House, Moody Gardens and galvestonhistory.org for historic home tours, the tall ship Elissa, harbor tour and other venues.

Do you know how far this is from the RCI Voyager of the Seas pier? I had an acquaintance who stayed there once and said for the price it would be worth me staying for the night prior to the sail date in April?

Thanks,

Sharon

Well it's over on the Seawall which is on the other side of the island but it's just a few minutes away from the harbor/pier side. A little map at the Lighthouse Parking site is a great picture of how you get from one place to another. The rates were pushing a $100. last time for a Sat. night. This year it's around 50. or so for a Sunday night.

Hey folks. Well we booked the Comfort Suites on 89th Street and also booked Lighthouse parking. Due to all the road construction etc, we are actually heading in on Friday the 3rd. Hopefully there will be stuff to do on Saturday. Hopefully this hotel is an okay one.

Any input on things to do for a day is appreciated.

Since you like mexican food, try The Original. I think its on 25th street, but the hotel should be able to find out for sure. Its in an old Victorian home. Great food. We always go there for lunch when we visit the island. Also you can get loads of info at www.galveston.com on things to do and places that are actually open. The sea wall may be on the other side of the island from the pier, but really its only a few miles.

I just booked the Hotel Galvez thru Priceline for $100.04. I bid $80 and with the taxes and fees, it came out to $100. That is only $3 more than I paid for the Holiday Inn, and the Galvez is a upscale hotel. Just did it today, so there are still rooms available.

In looking at what is available, there doesn't seem alot is open back up. Many hotels require a 2 night stay, and those that don't are just overpriced. So we are looking at the Clear Lake City area.

Would like a nice place to eat and maybe some nightlife. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. I know that area also has Seabrook, League City, Baytown and a few others. Looking for a safe clean place to enjoy.

Thanks so much.

Yes, I too am looking for the April 11th stay for a cruise. Looks are decieving on the computer when it comes to lodging? A lot of Galveston was wiped down in the storm, over 8 feet of water in some areas. Good luck, I am trying again tomorrow when I have hi-speed internet.

Just wanted to post here that we stayed at the Hilton in Galveston for our pre-cruise. We had a great stay and would stay again next time we visit Galveston. The hotel offers free local shuttle and free shuttle to the port which was a big plus for us as we did not have a car. They also offer free parking for those with a car. They had a nice pool with a live band playing when we were there. I only wish we stayed another night as we would have like to have seen more of Galveston.

Yes, I too am looking for the April 11th stay for a cruise. Looks are decieving on the computer when it comes to lodging? A lot of Galveston was wiped down in the storm, over 8 feet of water in some areas. Good luck, I am trying again tomorrow when I have hi-speed internet.

Hotels are plentiful, and almost all are back open. 97% from before storm are open. Many new ones have been built since and more construction in progress.

Yes there are still many contractors and federal and state persons here taking up room space but the fema displaced are moving out now.

Yet it is now spring and summer vacation season.

Galveston is a destination tourest city

Good luck.

If you need help from here please post up.:D

We will try to help.

Archived