Enough Time? - 11:30 am Flight - Miami

We have a 11:30am returned flight departing from Miami on our next cruise. We are going December 12-19, EOS..... We are diamond members, wondering if we will have enough time to catch our flight once we get off the ship. We booked our own airfare. We plan to take a taxi to the airport, hope this won't cut it to close. Thanks to all...:o

IF there are no hold-ups with Customs or traffic to the airport, and you are off the ship with the first ones, have picked up luggage, have gotten through customs/immigration, and are in a cab on the way to the airport by 10:00, you'll be at the airport by 10:30. BUT this is working a perfect scenario (i.e, no traffic, no customs holdups, etc.) DH and I use the white debarkation tags and have been off the ship by 7:30. We wait in the Diamond/Platinum Members departure lounge, and leave asap. You may have to miss that last breakfast to be sure you're off in time!!

Michele

I had a 3 pm flight out of Miami and got to the airport so early I was able to change to a noon flight, had lunch at Chilis, shopped and still had plenty of time.

Get a porter at the pier.. sure you gotta tip them but they are rushing to make money and will get you out of there fast. There are taxis right there so not a big deal.

Just be sure when you fill out the paperwork telling them what time you have a flight that you put on there you have one before noon. I think that is an option. I forget all the choices. I had orange tags and that is right after white. They called white, orange and the next two or three colors all at the same time so the line getting off was a bit of a wait. Took about 15 minutes to get the luggage and get out since we grabbed a porter to help once we collected all our luggage.

I just got back from Miami off the Brilliance and the red tags were called early enought that I was in the airport by 9:30AM even having to go through customs and get my luggage. And my flight wasn't scheduled until 3PM because my TA thought it would be better to take a later flight. What a mistake.

We were on the EOS in October and had no problem getting the white "early debarkation" tags. Our color (along with two others) was called at 7:10 am, we went through customs, picked-up our luggage, and were at the Miami airport by 8:20 am. I worried we would have trouble making our 11 am flight, but in reality we caught the earlier 9:15 am flight.

Archived