Best side of ship for SUN to Hawaii Can anyone help me !!!

SUE T

:) Can anyone please Help Me...My daughter wants to book on ncl poa for her honeymoon to Hawaii & would like to know on what is the best side to be on for all that lovely-sunshine most of the time..Anyone out there that can help me please..i would be very grateful..shes getting married in june so need to do it now...MANY MANY THANKS..TO ALL !!!:)

That is a really hard question. In Hilo, I know that the ship docks facing different directions. I have been told this is due to what maintenance has to be done on the ship that day while in port and also due to what crew safety drills will be performed that day. In Kona, the ship does not dock....it is a tender port. So, the ship will be floating out in the ocean and will pretty much be facing into the wind....whatever direction that is.

But, the best place for sun is always up around the pool decks and sun decks. Also, this where you will hear any live music that is going on and where the cocktail servers roam :D.

Perhaps someone else can inform you about Maui and Kauai.

In the past, the captain has turned the ship 360 degrees when is sight of the lava at night so that everyone gets a chance to view it. As we most always cruise in inside cabins, we head up on deck to enjoy the view and usually find a place on the starboard side as that is how the ship approaches the area of the flowing lava. Of course, there is no guarantee that lava will be flowing on any particular day.

The Napali Coast is best viewed from the port side of the ship. This is quite a long sail-by so staking out a nice place on the port side is a good idea. In my opinion, these sights are more fun when viewed up on deck with everyone oohing and aahing. But, that is just my opinion.

I agree with the poster above me.

For Na Pali coast the port side is much better. The captain will turn the ship at the end and go down it again but its closer and slower on the first pass (port side). A good spot is deck 11 aft on the outside deck of Aloha Cafe that way you can see it all and have some food or a drink.

The volcano sailing can be seen from both sides but the first passing is on the right hand side of the ship. I would suggest going out on deck though so you can hear the Hawaiian Ambassador talk about it.

Also as the ship leaves Honolulu if you are on the Port side you get great views of the Waikiki area as we cruise past.

In Maui we are docked with the port side next to the pier 95% of the time. Hilo changes every week and Kauai might not change anymore. We use to have crew drill in Kauai but it was changed to Hilo.

James

:) Thanks for everyones help, on helping me with my Best Side for sun ..Q?

I now have another if anyone out there can help me..my Daughter will be staying in Wakiki wave hotel in Hawaii pre~ cruise Q is has anyone stayed there & what do you do about breakfast / meals etc as it seems they dont feed you...anyone please HELP !!! :)

:) Thanks for everyones help, on helping me with my Best Side for sun ..Q?

I now have another if anyone out there can help me..my Daughter will be staying in Wakiki wave hotel in Hawaii pre~ cruise Q is has anyone stayed there & what do you do about breakfast / meals etc as it seems they dont feed you...anyone please HELP !!! :)

I haven't stayed there but I know there are several restaurants in the Waikiki area that she can go to!

Archived