Dominica Tour: River tubing or island tour?

grhokie

New to the board so sorry if this has been covered multiple times below but I've reached an informational overload and can't decide if I should do a river tubing excursion or take an island tour that hits a beach and waterfall, etc.? Both tour guides have been given excellent reviews here so it's not cost or quality, it's just that I want to do both and time won't permit. Thanks for your opinions!!

Celebrity Summit 3/7-3/14

It depends what you like to do. We just did the river tubing last week and it was a blast! not a quaint little rafting, but actually pretty exciting at times! You also get some island touring at the same time. I posted a more full review on the Carnival page (carnival victory 2/8/09 review) if you want to read more details about Antours River tubing.

• 4 weeks later...

I beg to differ. Dominica is truly a unique island. It is the nature island with so many wondrous things to see. I would take a tour of the island with a company like Bumpiing.

Save the tubing for your next trip to Belize and see as much of this wonderful island you can.

It is our favorite stop in the carib.

We were on Summit a couple of weeks ago and I also had the same dilemma. I finally decided on Levi with Bumpiing Tours for an island tour and we did the river tubing in Grenada. I was very happy with my decision. Swimming in the Titou Gorge in Dominica, as well as soaking in the hot springs to warm up were both very unique and fun. Levi is a great tour guide and he participates fully with you in everything.

The river tubing in Grenada was tons of fun too. The excursion in Grenada is a short one (3 hours) and has to be booked through the ship. You might have time for another short tour in the afternoon since we returned to the ship at 11:00.

• 7 months later...

Anyone have any recent experiences to share? I"m having the same issue right now. We're all set to go with Bumping Tours, but then the group mentioned wanting to go tubing. So, we're back "up in the air" again.

I want to do it all, but can't. Help!

Archived