Missing Liquor

Jules7226

Has anyone ever bought liquor in port, left it at the required checkpoint and it doesn't show up in your cabin on the last night?? I ask because it happened to me on my Triumph cruise last year. I filed a complaint with carnival but never received any reply nor compensation for my $50 bottle of Tequila. Even though they had proof on the sign in sheet that I did in fact leave the booze with them...... I just wonder if this is a regular occurence or if it was an isolated incident.

I have never had it happen to me but was talking to a couple on the ship that it happend to, they wanted to actually see the reciept for the booze bought in port........Now you tell me how many receipts you get for items you buy in port?? I bought some wine in Belize and was never given a receipt.

I think they are most likely left in the wrong cabin (much like missing suitcases are)

It was probably delivered to the wrong room...and I say wrong in more ways than one. Several times, we have had a box of alcohol delivered to our room that is not ours. We have always called our room steward and let him know of the error....unfortunately, not everyone will make this call. Guess they figured that they received a gift from the booze fairy, and just did not stop to realize that someone was missing a bottle that they paid for!

This is one of those things like Luggage damage & SandS Account discrepancies, that you need to settle onboard before departure. The fact that they tookover control of your purchase should be supported by the sign-in sheet, but I also noted in the infamous Cruise Contract that they're not responsible for "lost" liquor!!! ken

This happened to me on the Imagination in December 07. By the the time I realized I hadn't gotten my rum we had to get off the ship to catch an early flight. Once I got home, I filled out my comment card, let them know about the missing rum (as well as what a great trip we had), and mailed it back. A few weeks later I got a letter from Carnival offering their appologies and a $50 onboard credit for our next cruise.

This happened to me on the Imagination in December 07. By the the time I realized I hadn't gotten my rum we had to get off the ship to catch an early flight. Once I got home, I filled out my comment card, let them know about the missing rum (as well as what a great trip we had), and mailed it back. A few weeks later I got a letter from Carnival offering their appologies and a $50 onboard credit for our next cruise.

That's cool, but how did they make amends for the pain and suffering of not having the rum, and how about the mental anguish of not knowing where your little babies were?

Just curious, but how did you not notice that the bottles were not delivered until the next morning? It is supposed to be delivered the last night of the cruise. The few times I have had my booze held, I really looked forward to that last night partae! ;) :cool: :D

Sounds like someone may have been enjoying their last night a bit too much. :p :D

I have never had it happen to me but was talking to a couple on the ship that it happend to, they wanted to actually see the reciept for the booze bought in port........Now you tell me how many receipts you get for items you buy in port?? I bought some wine in Belize and was never given a receipt.

I think they are most likely left in the wrong cabin (much like missing suitcases are)

Ya, that is the real bummer. My receipt was in the bag with the Tequila. I've been on a lot of cruises and bought liquor in the past and never had this problem. I definitely learned an expensive lesson. Next time I'll make sure that I have the receipt and I'll push harder with the people responsible and maybe end up getting at least an OBC......

Archived