Staterooms which sleep 3?

cjb1879

This may seem like a dumb question- but how do I know which category of stateroom sleeps 3 people? For instance, if I am booking on an online service, it won't let me book 3 people in a cabin which only sleeps 2 right?

Also, where does the 3rd person sleep? Are there pull-out sofas or something? Am I obsessing over nothing? Let me know what you guys think!

Some cabins have pullout sofas or loveseats, while others have pullmans that come out of either the ceiling or the wall. If you go to the cruiseline's site and pick a ship, you can then view a deck plan. There should be a legend with symbols and there should be two, one that is for 3 to a cabin and one that is 4 to a cabin. If you look for those symbols on the cabins, you will be able to tell which cabins have the extra berths.

No, they won't allow you to book 3 people into a room meant for 2. Most ships have rooms in every category that will accommodate more than 2 people. Sometimes this is with a sofa bed, sometimes with a pullman bed (like a bunk bed that folds down out of the ceiling), sometimes it is with a rollaway bed.

If you are trying to book a cruise online, when you start off make sure to put in that the reservation is for 3 people. The choice of staterooms that you are given will all accommodate 3 people.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived