Suites across from Neptune Lounge

DaveOKC

We are considering an "S" suite on the Volendam for our 7 day Alaska cruise. We have a choice of 7015 or 7021. Suite 7021 is right across from the Neptune Lounge and the doors are directly across the hall from each other. Has anyone been in a similiar suite and was it a noise problem? I like the convenience part of course.

Any advice?

DaveOKC

We always try for those cabins. We love being across from Neptune Lounge and are never bothered by noise. The only time there is any particular noise there is ia party and if there is a party, you are invited ;) and wouldn't be bothered by the noise you were helping to make. :D

This time we were right across from the Neptune Lounge and heard nothing. There were a few times while I was in the dressing area, I could hear people talking, but we never heard a sound while in the other part of the cabin.

IMO, I'd book in that area again. It was so convenient to pop across the hall for a snack or a cup of coffee or juice. And this time I remembered to use the tray that's under the ice bucket! :)

Edited to add: We did hear laughter and voices from the NL during the "Welcome Reception." But we also attended the party. It was quite nice.

AS I mentioned earilier, your cabin will be quiet from above and you will not have the chair scrapping noises you can get from the pool area at times. However, it is very nice to have the easy access to the Neptune Lounge and that is what I went with.

DaveOKC

Archived