Favorite things to do at Royal Caribbean's Private Island CocoCay

nyjoet

I have read so much about Royal Caribbean's Private Island - CocoCay - reading that it is paradise....I am taking my first cruise there next week and was wondering what was everyone's favorite things to do on the island...

And see if anyone had any island special secrets...

Thank you

Just Relax, Relax, Relax.........Parasailing is nice too

We have done the snorkeling and our son and grandson did the parasailing and had a blast, but, during low tide you can walk out quiet a ways until it drops off and you can find some nice shells. That is what our daughter and son-in-law did and they had an awesome time. My idea of a fun time there is to find a hammock!!

Janet

1. can you choose your time if you book this excursion in advance?

2. this may sound silly but im a picture taking nut and so im curious...is it possible/not that big of a deal to get a picture on the waverunner (me and bf) with the ship in the background? all the advertising pictures are like this and i always wonder if you stop long enough to do this?!

and i'd add my 2 cents about coco cay. i love it but not a fan of the bbq lunch so i like to eat a big breakfast on board before tendering over and then head back to the ship for a late lunch.

also, not a fan of the glass bottom boat ride. we were dissapointed and wished we had done the waverunners instead!

So, I had to google this! Fun! How did you get info on Coco Cay?

It was a lot of fun! My husband goes to a website where you can download coordinates onto your GPS directly. Then when you get to your destination, you just turn on the GPS and see the caches on the screen. They can be tough to find though but that is the fun. Its like a treasure hunt.

I will get the URL from him when he gets home and post it. We have cached all over the country and the kids love it. You can even find them in cities. I believe he also found one in Nassau. It certainly causes you to visit areas and see things you might otherwise miss. :) We have discovered hidden bits of paradise near our home that we never knew existed!

I have been reading the posts and a few have mentioned a BBQ lunch. Is this done by RCI for everyone or do you have to do this as an excursion. Do most go back to the ship to eat and return then to the island? Also I wanted to know if there is anything organized for kids ages 6-13 here. Fortunately my kids are great swimmers and love the water and sand so if not they will still be so excited to be there but just wondering?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lissaw16/3335365835/in/set-72157614856414201/

This was as close as we got, the 15mph winds on day 2 (attempt 1) and the 25mph winds on day 4 (attempt 2) were too much for safe tendering.

I had a Coco Loco on the ship, and I wasn't too impressed. It was kind of bland. I preferred the Mango Berry Daiquiri's (much more fruity flavor).

The Geocache site is geocaching.com. It is a free site and you can search for caches all over. Users can download the coordinates. The instructions for all this is on the site. All you need is a handheld GPS and it doesn't have to be an expensive one. We have two, one that is very inexpensive and it works just as well as the other one.

Have fun! :)

The Geocache site is geocaching.com. It is a free site and you can search for caches all over. Users can download the coordinates. The instructions for all this is on the site. All you need is a handheld GPS and it doesn't have to be an expensive one. We have two, one that is very inexpensive and it works just as well as the other one.

Have fun! :)

When I read your post on this I was very interested, it sounds fun! I think my wife and are are going to get involved in the hobby. We are going to be in Coco Cay the week of April 20. Hopefully we will be successful in our search!:)

Please provide your secret location for this activity.....:D

I have looked for a map to show you, but the maps I've been finding looks like RCCL has added stuff to that side of the Island and is no longer private. Maybe keep trying to go past I think it was called Coconuts Bar. But from what I can tell that looks like the area we have been at.:D:D:D:D:D

I have looked for a map to show you, but the maps I've been finding looks like RCCL has added stuff to that side of the Island and is no longer private. Maybe keep trying to go past I think it was called Coconuts Bar. But from what I can tell that looks like the area we have been at.:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the info! ;)

Archived