Favorite things to do at Royal Caribbean's Private Island CocoCay

nyjoet

I have read so much about Royal Caribbean's Private Island - CocoCay - reading that it is paradise....I am taking my first cruise there next week and was wondering what was everyone's favorite things to do on the island...

And see if anyone had any island special secrets...

Thank you

I've experienced it twice. The best things for me were snorkeling out to the sunken plane because there are so many fish out there (have pics and video of fish following me as we swam) and beach volleyball (playing ball with girls in bikinis...hmmm...paradise!) ;)

I can't speak for parasailing because we elected to do it in Key West where, by the way, we found out you can do it for less $$$.

Most everyone I talked to about those floating mats said it was a waste of time. I kept swimming after one girl to push her back to the shore because she kept floating out and couldn't get herself back in while on the mat. Maybe she was just flirting...

If you make it in, you're gonna have a great time. Good luck!

We have been there 3 times!!! Once we did the waverunner tour...that was alot of fun!! The other times we just hang out at the beach and drank cocolocos all day!! Now that was fun too!! :p No matter what you do it is one of my favorite places to stop!! and I know you will love it too!! :)

Found out about the CocoLocos at the end of the day on my first trip out. Instantly became my second fav drink!

Thanks for mapping out what I hope will be my perfect first experience on Coco Cay in April! I can't wait....:D

Karen

You are welcome. What can I say, for me it is all about the beach and laying in the sun with a beer!! I am so lucky that I have husband that loves the beach as much as I do. Doing nothing buy laying on the beach is the perfect vacation for both of us.

We've been there a few times. Last time we took an early morning waverunner tour. It was so much fun! We have a favorite spot just past where the kayaks are located. It is less crowded there. We grab a chair under a palm tree and just relax. You'll love it there.

Does anyone know if glasses will fit inside the snorkling mask?

I am blind without my glasses. I have tried snorkling without them and saw absolutely nothing, just some blurs. I know that my glasses didn't fit them but htey were larger, I wear much smaller frames now.

But I don't think it would be worth it for me to get a perscription snorkle since I have snorkled only twice in my life.

Also, since chemo in 2004 my eyes have changed drasticly every year and I have had to buy new glasses every year. They are almost a year old now and they have changed already.

Does anyone know if glasses will fit inside the snorkling mask?

I am blind without my glasses. I have tried snorkling without them and saw absolutely nothing, just some blurs. I know that my glasses didn't fit them but htey were larger, I wear much smaller frames now.

But I don't think it would be worth it for me to get a perscription snorkle since I have snorkled only twice in my life.

Also, since chemo in 2004 my eyes have changed drasticly every year and I have had to buy new glasses every year. They are almost a year old now and they have changed already.

I have snorkelled with my glasses in the mask in the past. I was able to remove the ear pieces from the glasses, and mine fit snuggly into the mask. Not as good as contacts, but it was doable. If they are not snug, make sure you are careful when emptying the water from goggles, etc. Good luck!!!

It was a few years ago since we were there, but the snorkeling is great if you swim out to the lifeguard stands. The lifeguards throw food in and huge schools of fish coming swarming.

Yes, this was our favorite happening also. WE also saw a school of 6 stingrays, 1st time we saw stingrays, they are beautiful swimming

We are big out door people. Typically we do the snokeling when we're with the kids but this last time by our selves we decided it was a little too chilly to snorkel & chose the nature trail instead. It was so nice, quiet, and slightly romantic. It felt like we were the only people on the island. Afterwards, we still ended up with plenty of time to get lunch and hang out by the beach.:)

I really enjoyed snorkeling on the island as well as renting a floating mat and laze around all day!

The afternoon bbq was decent but be careful of the seagulls that are flying all around you! They would come down for food so avoid them ...

The "cocolocos (?)" were yummy but I dont think they were all that strong but definitely a must!

I have been there twice. Make sure you go to the side of the island that isn't windy. Both trips were in December and on the side that faces the ship it was so windy both times that you couldn't even put your towel down without it blowing away. Once we discovered that the other side of the island had no wind it was a great day to lay in the sun. Had a lot of fun watching the giant iguanas. All the water activities cost so we chose not to do any. It was also too cold for me to get in the water, but plenty of people were swimming- they must have been from colder climate than I.

I have read so much about Royal Caribbean's Private Island - CocoCay - reading that it is paradise....I am taking my first cruise there next week and was wondering what was everyone's favorite things to do on the island...

And see if anyone had any island special secrets...

Thank you

Where is this place and which cruise?

Donna

Question. I have heard it is a tender nightmare for the Freedom class ships. Is this true? I was told on one day they were 2 tenders running for all those passengers. SHould we try to be first out? I haven't decided if I want to get off the ship or not. Never been there. But I will not wait hours for a tender. Thanks

Eat,enjoy the beautiful water, ride the waverunners.....that was a blast:D relax and enjoy the sun.

One of the neatest things that has ever happened was all the stingrays that were in the area just to the right of the waverunner shack. We were the first in that area this particular morning. My wife and a couple of our friends waded out and a couple of rays showed up and then they noticed several buried in the sand...all of a sudden there were several swimming around them...very friendly rays and they had a ball.

Where is this place and which cruise?

Donna

This is Royal Caribbean's private island in the Bahamas.

Look for a cruise to the Bahamas or Eastern Caribbean from Port Canaveral or Miami FL. Probably others, but can't think of any off the top of my head.

Archived