Liberty of the Seas 1/31 to 2/7/09 Review with pics

TFlo

Tim, you forgot to mention how dangerous 10 @ 10 can be. I ended up with a headache and a bruise on my forehead. Those slot machines put up quite a fight. Dennis

Dennis, I almost spit my coffee out when I read your post!!

For those of you not lucky enough to witness it in person, Dennis decided he would change our luck up by doing the old cranial slam on the spin button. The only thing that did was make us all laugh and him bruise.

Thanks for the laughs, Dennis!

Tim

Well Hello, another Michigander here, Southgate, downriver.

We thoroughly enjoyed following your entire trip. Great Job.

I see alot of Michiganders in here. Nice!

We are NEWBIES, celebrating our 30th anniversary on the Oasis of the Seas. In a Jr suite, still might upgrade.

I'm reading everything and everyone with reports. Really loved yours.

We usually go to Vegas 2-4 per year, and after having a big win, never seemed to get past it.

But, we're ready now lol. Great stories!

Any help for this newbie is welcome.

TFlo, will be contacting you with gmail about some port excursions.

Thanks again

Dan

Dan, Hey, how's things Downriver? You're welcome to contact me with any questions you might have, either on this thread or my email, tfloury at gmail dot com.

Tim

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your review. It was the best I have ever viewed.

Great photos and very uplifting.

Look forward to future ones from you.

Chickadee12, thank you so much for your kind words. It was fun to share it with everyone.

Tim

Tim

Thanks for the superb LOS review and the included pics. My daughter and friend are on the LIBERTY right now!! We have cruised several times but this is her first "i paid for it all myself now that I have a job" vacation and although she is in a cabin i can't even fathom( inside, deck2) she got a great price and plans to spend little time other than sleeping /showering in there!

You did, as many have mentioned, have a perfectly positive attitude....how about you sail on the Caribbean Princess next and change all the negative vibes going on with it since that ship has emerged from drydock?? :rolleyes:

Thanks again!

Thanks, kkpcruiser, for the kind words. Hope your daughter is having a great time on the LOS!! DECK 2 INSIDE?? :eek: Just kidding.

Hey, I'll try the Caribbean Princess. Unless they give me Norovirus, how bad could it be?

Tim

What a great review! I'll have to keep rereading it for the next 4 weeks, until we're actually on Liberty for real. I especially enjoyed the pictures of the Segway tour in San Juan since we have that booked. I can't wait, but reading your review will make it a little bit easier.

I also thought the photo of the sunset as you were leaving Miami was spectacular.

Jan

Jan, thanks! 4 weeks? Don't worry, it'll go by quicker than you think.

Oh, you are going to have so much fun on the Segways!! Jose is a great guy. There's also a woman working with Jose, I think her name is Natalie or Natalia, something like that, and she was great, too.

I seriously am keeping my eye out for a Segway. I would love to own one.

You have a great time!!

Tim

Question: what great pics can I ask what kind of camera you used?

I have a Kodak EasyShare M1093 IS. I bought it about a month before our trip. It's a 10 megapixel camera and has some SmartCapture technology. In layman's terms, it's easy to use and takes great pictures.

Tim

Tim, thank you for the great review and the pictures. We will be taking the same cruise in a few months and I can't wait. I can just tell in the way you were telling about your cruise that you and your wife really enjoyed yourself..I love cruising myself and love to hear about everybody's experience when they cruise. I get real excited when I talk to people that have never cruised before..what they are missing. This time we will be taking my brother and sister-in-law with us..and this will be their first cruise. I just can't wait to see their faces when they see the ship in person. Also, have never been to San Juan before so that will be a great experience for us.

How did you go about booking the segway's in San Juan? Looked like alot of fun.

Thanks again for the review and the beautiful pictures.

Sheila

Cruiselady, I know what you mean about having first-timers with you on a cruise. Love seeing them experience the whole thing for the first time.

We're taking my wife's parents, her two sisters and their kids on a cruise in August for a 4-day cruise to Canada. My father-in-law was in the Navy during WWII and hasn't been on a ship since. He will just love the cruise ship. Can't wait to see him experience it!

I actually booked the Segway tour through Royal Caribbean. Book as soon as possible and make sure you get the early tour. There was one at 4:00 and one at 6:00. The one at 6:00 was in the dark.

Tim

Okay, Rob, here goes:

Tim, you really opened up a can of worms with this one!

GREAT REVIEW :) But now, you HAVE to answer questions.

1) Don't you have the Compass and Menus to share? Please, Please?

I do have the Compasses. I haven't scanned them yet but I will tomorrow and I'll post them. I don't have the menus but the Compass states the theme for the night.

2) If you don't have the menus, I must ask you to rach in there and think about the meals in the dining room. You chose Thursday to go to Portofino's.

- Why did you choose that night? I chose Thursday because it was late in the week and if we changed our mind for some reason, we could cancel.

- Is there another night you would have preferred? No, not really. Any night would have been fine with me, except, of course, the night we were at San Juan.

- Generally, which night seems the LEAST inspiring in the Main Dining Room to choose either Chops or Portinfino's, regardless of whether or not you would go back or not? We really enjoyed every night in the main dining room -- thus the reason I mentioned not going to a specialty restaurant in the future.

3) How many guys were in Tuxedos for the Formal Nights? (We HATE the idea of this casual, my vacation and who cares what you want trend, in crusing at least. This is NOT DisneyWorld) There were guys in Tuxes, but mostly suits and ties. I didn't see a lot of casual dressers on formal nights, just maybe some folks who's idea of formal was not the same as mine.

4) Is it true that there is also an option for any time dining you want? Yes, it's true, there was an option for My Time Dining on the LOS. A couple that we met at the Meet & Mingle did opt to do the MTD and really liked it.

5) And, is it also true that the Skating show no longer requires tickets? Correct, no tickets are required any longer.

The idea of the Cabin crawl sounds really cool. We had the deck 10 aft corner on Explorer of the Seas. Unbelievable in both the cabin and the balcony. Now we just have a lowly D2 (great deal for April). Any balcony is an excellent cabin!

Thanks. Really. A great review, not even "half full" but just full of only good thoughts.

Oh my gosh, I just realized that I forgot to post pictures of our towel animals:

The elephant or rhino:

2327055160044596040S500x500Q85.jpg

The Rabbit watching TV:

2555201070044596040S500x500Q85.jpg

The bulldog or pig or cow watching TV:

2361056650044596040S500x500Q85.jpg

The seagull with a pen beak or a bat with a rectal thermometer:

2013758740044596040S500x500Q85.jpg

The near-sighted, chain-smoking, card-carrying C&A member monkey:

2718407920044596040S500x500Q85.jpg

The stingray or bloated snake with glasses.

2651976560044596040S500x500Q85.jpg

If anyone has any other guesses, I'm listening.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Miss seeing you and Sally walking through the hall. Really like your comparison of seeing Cruise Critic friends is like running into friends in the neighborhood. It really did feel that way.

DrDaddy, - I took pictures of the menus for a Cruise Critic friend who will be sailing in June. Email me at shutterbug630 at yahoo dot com and I will send them to you. I have all of them but the night in Puerto Rico.

Patti

pinkmonkey - Not sure how you find a good deal when you cruise on Liberty in the Summer. Someone else might know. I've looked the last couple years, & they are usually much more at that time of year. Haven't looked lately.

Gail

Low and midships is a great idea for someone who doesn't know about the motion of the ocean just yet. Too far forward, though, can get a bit noisy in the AM. Maybe someone else has been forward on the lower decks to let you know for sure. But around the middle of the ship should be great for you.

Tim,

Your review of the LOS is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. My wife and I are booked for LOS this summer and can't wait. I know someone else asked the question about your camera and I didn't see the answer. Could you tell me what type of camera you used??? They were some of the best pics from a personal vacation that I've ever seen. Thanks!

Mike

Tim,

Your review of the LOS is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. My wife and I are booked for LOS this summer and can't wait. I know someone else asked the question about your camera and I didn't see the answer. Could you tell me what type of camera you used??? They were some of the best pics from a personal vacation that I've ever seen. Thanks!

Mike

Mike, that was really nice to say. As RWDJN stated following your post, it was on page 6, post 107, but, of course, I didn't look at the reply, I just started going up and looking because I though I answered. LOL.

Anyway, I found it and here's what I stated:

"I have a Kodak EasyShare M1093 IS. I bought it about a month before our trip. It's a 10 megapixel camera and has some SmartCapture technology. In layman's terms, it's easy to use and takes great pictures."

I actually bought it from Wal-Mart for about $170. It's very thin, a lot thinner than our other cameras, and easy to use.

Tim

Thanks for the review.

Sounds exactly what happened on our vacation! We were actually in some of the places at the same time as you were when you took those pics! The Love and Marriage show was TOO funny..Poor newlywed girl:o...Phil is a funny man! I can see him as a cruise director in the future. Thanks again.:)

Thanks for the review.

Sounds exactly what happened on our vacation! We were actually in some of the places at the same time as you were when you took those pics! The Love and Marriage show was TOO funny..Poor newlywed girl:o...Phil is a funny man! I can see him as a cruise director in the future. Thanks again.:)

Zoom2022, so you were on our sailing? Awesome!

Yeah, the newlywed guy seemed kind of wild and she seemed to be pretty quiet. I can still see the pride in his face when he stood up and threw his 2 fingers in the air and screamed, "Twice!" It still makes me laugh out loud :D

We got a chance to talk to Phil a little bit at bingo. What a nice guy! He will definately make it to cruise director some day. Loved him!

Tim

Archived