Eurodam cabin by elevator question

Northern Light

We are looking at cabin 7027 that is on the Rotterdam deck and which opens directly off the forward stair/elevator area which means there will not be a wall to act as a sound buffer. To be honest, we are sound sensitive people and just wonder if pedestrian noise, or the constant dinging as an elevator arrives, would be an issue. This ship is filling up fast and we need to make a decision a.s.a.p. If anyone has ever had a cabin on the Eurodam in this location, would appreciate hearing your thoughts. Thank you. :)

Sandy

We were in 8018 last week, which has the same position... I was "assigned" that cabin as a supposed upgrade. I was quite concerned about the possibility of noise since there is no wall between the elevator lobby and this cabin. It turned out to be no problem. Never heard a thing.

I think the ships are built well enough not to hear much elevator noise, however if you want ANY privacy:p on your balcony rest assured you will NOT get it as everyone can see your entire balcony from the elevators.:rolleyes:

I think the ships are built well enough not to hear much elevator noise, however if you want ANY privacy:p on your balcony rest assured you will NOT get it as everyone can see your entire balcony from the elevators.:rolleyes:
7027 is nowhere near the glass elevators, Nathan. :)

I only read "elevator"....I'm such a blond sometimes!:rolleyes:

Oh, but such a cute one! ;)

All the elevator doors face each other in an elevator lobby. They don't directly face the cabin doors.

We stayed in VD4045 on Noordam twice & only heard the muffled bing-bong of the arriving elevator car if standing just inside our cabin at the closet door. Further inside the cabin, at the bed, nothing. Oh, maybe occasionally late night revelers were a bit noisy, but not the elevators. They hadn't been partying. :)

Archived