Get Out There - Rhapsody Review 11/14/04

Take my 14th cruise (but only my second RCI..new convert) on the Rhapsody Feb 6th. Glad we'll catch the Ben and Jerry's. Don't agree with their politics but mmmmmmmmmmm what a great product! I can't afford to gain 10 pounds, but what the heck I'll work on it.

MitchC

Paradise Tom posts on the Cozumel board (he runs Paradise Beach). The beach is free entry, $5 per person to use water toys (you get a wristband). He will give you tons of info both on "his" beach and other local spots. CozSally is a good source of info on the Cozumel board as well. (Paradise Tom is hankering for a plasma screen TV from some sweet sweet CruiseCritic member - bet we'd get free water toys for life if we brought him one!:p )

As you can see by the number of times I have been on her, I am a huge Rhapsody fan. Thanks for sharing. Nice to read about some of the changes. I have another year to go almost but I am looking forward to getting on her again. It is like going home almost. Wish my hubby would sail with me since he worked on that ship and that is where we met but he says he had enough of ship time working on them and doesnt want to cruise.. so I go with a bunch of friends. Anyway thanks again and I cant wait!

Thanks so much for the pictures...I have been waiting like Heinz 51 Ketchup...**Singing...ANTICIPATION is making me wait** OK...so I guess I'm showing my age now!

Those were GREAT pictures, thanks so much! I know it's really hard to get those pictures up and get the review up for nothing else but the benefit of others like ME on these boards! Thanks so much. My husband can't wait for the "belly flop" contest now! :eek: :p :rolleyes:

My husband can't wait for the "belly flop" contest now! :eek: :p :rolleyes:

We decided that the only way to have as much fun as you can is to participate in as many events as possible. As the thread says "GET OUT THERE"....

Hopefully he will come away with a RCI cap and medal....

shmthaus,

I loved looking at the pics. Thank you. We will be back on the Rhapsody for the 5th time Sunday. Could you tell me since you had an aft cabin and after drydock....did the Rhapsody still have alot of vibration in the dining room and in the theater? :eek: I noticed it was bad the last 2x's we sailed her and hoping they fixed this problem when they had her out of the water for drydock

Thank you

Linda

There were times when the vibes were bad, but I really think that it is depending on the motion of the ocean and the speed of the ship at the time. On Monday, we had some really rough seas and the vibes and rocking were pretty bad, Tuesday was a little better. Other times we couldn't really feel vibes at all.

I think that no matter how large the ship is, if the conditions are right (or wrong), there will be vibes and motion. JMHO

GREAT review!! I tried to think of anything to add to it, but honestly, I can't... you did an awesome job with it all!! :) About the only things I could add were in port or on our excursion (in Cozumel, try the Hideaway Beach Boat Adventure.... it's a lot of fun!!).

This was our first RCI cruise and we loved it! We had been on a similar itinerary on previous trips (land based and Princess cruises), but still enjoy these ports. I wish we could have made it to Cayman since it's our fave port, but that just means we'll have to go again one day! ;) The ship was awesome and the crew was great!! Made (pronounced Mah-day) and Richard in the dining room were excellent!! The ship layout makes it easy to navigate. We never had a problem finding our way around.

Our cabin was on deck 4, inside, forward. The only "complaint" we would have is the thrusters. When we docked in the mornings, you could hear and feel the vibration of them. It was quite noticeable. In a way, it was like a wake-up call, so we didn't need an alarm. While getting ready in the mornings and for dinner, we turned on the TV for noise every so often and were pleased to see a good variety of programming, including some Cartoon Network shows and family friendly movies (Wizard of Oz, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, etc).

We really enjoyed meeting our new CC friends and wish we had more time to hang out together! Y'all are great!!! I peeked at the pics and they're awesome!! :)

As we disembarked, we saw the chairs/furniture being unpacked to put on the ship. They are the same design/style of those already in the Centrum. Our cabin had a few dings on the counters and moulding, but nothing major. A simple touchup would cover them (but multiplied by all cabins onboard, well, that could take a bit of time). We had noticed the rolls of carpet on deck 9 by the pool area about midweek. They roped off the area while working and kept the carpet covered with plastic while not working. We saw a few pieces of carpet cuttings from time to time up there, but they were picked up quickly. Not sure where they laid the carpet, but it could have been in the art gallery/B&J/coffee area that just opened. Hmmmm... in retrospect, maybe we should have picked up some of the cuttings... we could order identical carpet for the house and feel like we're on the ship!! ;) :p

Jay, thanks for adding to the review. I know what you mean about the thrusters. It signaled that we were about to dock and we were able to watch it from the balcony.

Wish you could post your Mickey pics. I bet they are great....

Oopppsss, logged on as Ali. Guess I should sign this.

Chuck

Hi Ali! Errr... Chuck!! No fair signing on under another ID... it gets confusing... :p

I'll work on the pics soon, but have been so busy with work since Monday that I haven't had a chance to even pick up the camera. I got a few good ones of Mickey, but not as many as the last cruise. Once I tweak and upload them, I'll post a link. :)

Ummmm.... ooops... I sorta got our asst waiter wrong.... His name is Daniel, not Richard. :o Not sure how I mixed that up, but boy, do I feel silly.... :o

Oh!! One more note to add to the review. At the sailaway, before we met up with everyone by the pool, DW and I went to the back of the ship and saw a BUNCH of dolphins following us out! Some were pretty far behind us, but a number of them were 20-30 feet from the ship, including a few mother/calf pairings. The water was pretty murky, but it was cool to see all those dolphins!! :)

Enjoyed your pictures! I'm thinking of trying the Rhapsody sometime, and enjoyed seeing what the ship looked like. She looks beautiful!

As a sidenote, I had to crack up at your Grand Princess photos - In the one you titled "Grand Princess3", the person in with the dark hair in the leather coat taking a picture(standing in front of a man in a red jacket), is me.:) Our roll call met up there that day to watch the Grand sail in anticipation of our upcoming Grand cruise.

• 10 months later...

Archived