Valor or Glory?? Can't decide

mnsawyer

Have been doing my list of pros and cons of both of these ships. Airfare to Orlando is cheaper but not by much - under $100 for 2. Like the Saturday to Saturday cruise (Glory) but know that the Valor is brand new and think the itinerary is great. The Glory itinerary seems good with Key West but Progresso doesn't sound the greatest and would miss Grand Cayman...Priceline hotels are cheap in Orlando by the airport (arriving late) but love Miami and our flight would arrive in the late afternoon. Have to get a transfer through Carnival ($100 for 2) for to and from Port Canaveral. Haven't priced out rooms yet but cost would be another factor as well - not the only one to consider but important.

Any other pros/cons you could add to help with my decision would be appreciated!

We too had the same decision to make. I wanted the Glory because of the ports - everyone else wanted the Valor because you go to 4 different points instead of 3. We're really looking forward to the Valor. Can't wait for the reviews and some pictures in December. Whatever decision you make - it will be the RIGHT ONE! We live outside of Philadelphia and haved booked the week of spring break (our daughter is a teacher). FLights out of Philly were crazy so we decided to fly out of Baltimore into Ft. Lauderdale. Saved us almost $800. We are going down the day before and staying at the Hyatt Regency Miami and plan on spending the rest of the day at the Bayside marketplace. I got 2 rooms for $65 each thru Priceline. And with all the help from these boards - it was my first purchase thru Priceline. Let me know if you have any questions. Have a wonderful time.

All depends... the eastern itenary for the valor doesn't sound so hot. However, the western one sounds awesome (GC, Belize, etc).

I did the Glory western and progresso is a rip, Belize was great and Cozumel, hey, it's cozumel!

I'd do the Valor western. Glory is good if you spend time at Kennedy space center. i did the Glory over the summer because I also spent time in Orlando.

My advice is to do Valor western. Newer ship, better ports.

Freesbmom - forgot to mention to you...the Hyatt is nice. We landed it on Priceline in March 2003 for our Triumph cruise. Airfare during spring breaks are high especially the one in February and April. I'll be anxious too for some review of the Valor. Won't be long now!

Sure Valor is newer but, if you recall, the Glory had a lot of teething problems for the first few months, which have since been ironed out. My recommendation would be for the Valor only if the trip is in April or later. Give them 3 months to sort things out.

I don't think a car rental is cheaper than the transfers...we'd be paying at least $50 or more per day for a car and then you'd have the hassle (I think) of getting the car, dropping it off and then taking the shuttle to the port. If you have more than 2 people, yes, it would be cheaper but with 2, I don't think so. Also, we have never driven from Orlando to Port Canaveral. I know driving in Orlando isn't that bad but to me, it's just easier to stay at the airport in Orlando, take the shuttle to the airport in the morning and pick up the transfer with Carnival both ways. We'd be arriving late into MCO anyway, so it's not like we would have a lot of time to sightsee and if we did, we could take a cab.

There is an budget rental desk inor very close to the Radisson in Port Canaveral a one way rental is between 35$ and 85$ depending on the car size.There are good rates in the hotel also.They cater to the cruise people at this hotel,and you can see the port from there.Also I have read some good things about Progresso in the "Ports" area of these boards.We will be doing the Glory in July so I have been doing the same research.

Have never been on Valor but sailed Glory last Jan. to Eastern Carribean. I loved the ship..still a very new ship. Have been to Progresso -didn't do tour but wished we had..everyone said it is a beautiful, modern city. Carnival ships have same menus and same activities, so if you've been on one, you've been on all. It's a great time:D

Archived