to Bruin Steve

tropicalkerry2002

please tell me about Pizza Pete's on Corfu, or direct me to your directions on how to get there!

Our cruise in Sept takes us to Corfu, and we were there 2 years ago, so don't have the same need to see everything. We were thinking of the beach, and perhaps Pizza Pete's is the perfect follow up!

Thanks! Marian

please tell me about Pizza Pete's on Corfu, or direct me to your directions on how to get there!

Our cruise in Sept takes us to Corfu, and we were there 2 years ago, so don't have the same need to see everything. We were thinking of the beach, and perhaps Pizza Pete's is the perfect follow up!

Thanks! Marian

Okay...If you were standing on the shoreline at the old harbor facing the old town with your back to the water, there is a road that hugs the coast to your left, rising slightly from the harbor onto the cliffs...follow this road just a very short distance

The kitchen sits on the inland side of the highway as you leave the harbor of the old town heading toward the south...But the tables are on a covered patio across the highway on the cliffs...Get a table right along the rail and you have an incredible view looking straight down at the rocks and water...

The waiters take the leftover bread from the tables and throw it down into the sea and the fishes put on an unbelievable show fighting for the scraps of bread...You can see the entire strait across from you clear to Albania across the water...

Pizza Pete (Arseniou 21. Tel: 06610 223301).

The restaurant next door (Same patio, across the divider--same ownership, same kitchen--is called Antranik...and dates back to 1920 (Arseniou 21. Tel: 06610 34266)...authentic Greek dishes such as stifado (meat stew).

One of my favorite restaurants in the world...for the location and setting more than for the food...

Enjoy!!!

Marian - which beach are you planning to go to and how do you plan to get there? We are also stopping in Corfu for a day - plan on walking around the town some and then maybe going to a beach. Thanks! SueC12

http://www.agni.gr/guides/beach_guide/beach_guide.asp

look under idyllic coves. We saw Peleokastitka beaches in Oct 07, there are several close together, 2 of them are simply divided by a road, with beach on each side. beautiful.

I did find a site about buses on corfu, but it doesn't seem to be telling us much on this site. try googling, but there IS a bus from Corfu Town to Paleo.

When are you there? We are on Nautica leaving Athens on 9/21/09.

We are doing the same cruise in May - departing Athens May 12. Did you do this cruise before or a different one that also took you to Corfu? I am working on planning the activities for all the different stops so if you did the same one before, I would love to hear what all you did in the various ports.

Archived