Noordam - Feb 2 - Feb 22 -- 20 wonderful days

Krazy Kruizers

[quote name='sail7seas']:confused: [B] People who had 8 P.M. dinner were dressed for the evening at 4:30 ? Odd. Either that or they were doing some really serious drinking for 3 1/2 hours. [/B] :D :D[/quote]

We had 8 p.m. dinner but we made plans to meet our group during the *Happy Hour* in the Ocean Bar before heading back to our suite to dress for dinner.

Although it was nice of HAL to offer drink specials we were there for the enjoyable company - an opportunity to compare notes about our day, shore excursions etc. It was so nice to get to know our cruising companions.

Sometimes it's easy to get a poor impression about a poster on Cruise Critic when they disparage others.:(

By the way, we left our unused drink card in the Bible in our suite (7048) hoping someone else will enjoy good company and conversation.

[quote name='melissy123']To KK,
Wow, that list of appetizers is astounding. Would I be correct in guessing there were a few available every night, and your list was a compilation of the seven nights?
If DH had a drink, and I didn't, is there pressure for all in the bar area to buy drinks?[/quote]

You're absolutely right Melissy and there was no pressure to order a drink. Our waiter Gene was great - attentive and friendly whether or not a drink was ordered.:)

[quote name='jerseyridgearts']We had 8 p.m. dinner but we made plans to meet our group during the *Happy Hour* in the Ocean Bar before heading back to our suite to dress for dinner.

Although it was nice of HAL to offer drink specials we were there for the enjoyable company - an opportunity to compare notes about our day, shore excursions etc. It was so nice to get to know our cruising companions.

Sometimes it's easy to get a poor impression about a poster on Cruise Critic when they disparage others.:(
.[/quote]

[B]You didn't notice the :D :D ....... ?[/B]

[B]Once again, the written word does not show body language, facial expression, humor.[/B]

[B]I have no desire to disparage anyone here.
I hope whoever followed you staying in 7048 found your card. :)

[/B]

[quote name='melissy123']To KK,
Wow, that list of appetizers is astounding. Would I be correct in guessing there were a few available every night, and your list was a compilation of the seven nights?
If DH had a drink, and I didn't, is there pressure for all in the bar area to buy drinks?[/quote]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]At 5 PM they bring out only 2 of the appetizers.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]At 7 PM they bring out 4 appetizers.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]That was a list of all the various appetizers for the 10 day cruise. Naturally some of them were repeated a couple of times during the 7 day cruise.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[quote name='cruisinjudy']On Oosterdam last week we had the drink special from 5:00-6:00. We did not have martini of the day or non alcoholic drink of the day. We also did not have movies. Strange how things are done differently on different ships.[/quote]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]On the Noordam the Martini of the day and Mocktail were not listed in the daily program. They were listed on the first page of the alcohol booklet that is on the cocktail tables and on the bar.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]I am surprised that your cruise did not have any movies.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

I am thinking of doing the 20 day Noordam cruise next January 04 2010
My other option is 14 days on Westerdam Jan 03 2010

Tell me more about Noordam ?Cabins ,,Food Entertainment Itinerary
Prices are still too high now .When should we book
How do these 2 ships compare
Any info appreciated

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Both ships are in the Vista class. I think the Noordam is a little more classy than the Westerdam -- have sailed on Westerdam a few times. I like the idea that the Explorations Cafe on the Noordam is down on Deck 3 rather than being a part of the Crow's Nest on Deck 10 on the Westerdam.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]JMO -- but the Noordam's itinerary is much better for the Caribbean than the Westerdam's.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Besides the brief description I gave a few posts back on the daily activities, there is always bingo, games to earn dam dollars like golf putting, trivia games, kitchen tours, free cooking demonstrations, etc. There is always something for everyone.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]We always book months in advance so that we can get the cabin we want. We keep our eye on the prices and if we see that it drops substantially, we call our TA and she in turns calls HAL -- but that hasn't happened in a few years. Instead all we see are the prices going up.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]On the Noordam the Martini of the day and Mocktail were not listed in the daily program. They were listed on the first page of the alcohol booklet that is on the cocktail tables and on the bar.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]I am surprised that your cruise did not have any movies.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/quote]

I just read that someone else said their cruise did not have movies. I think it was on the thread about entertainment.
I asked about the martini of the day and also looked in the book. It wasn't there.

Archived