Millenium Cabin 8108

themirsk

We were on the Penthouse deck last year on the Millie. The window washing equipment moved each day, so I wouldn't worry too much. If it is in front of your cabin, it should only be there for a few hours, or a day at the most. I worried it would be parked in front of our balcony, but that never happened.

Hope this helps.

PS - Don't worry about alien abductions either. They bring you right back.

The window washing equipment is on a track that places it in front of the adjacent Celbrity Suite (8106). In its stored position, it is on the side nearest 8108, but does not directly block the view from that cabin.

This picture outlines the verandah of 8106 in red. You can see the 'ladder structure' of the washer system to the right.

o1.jpg

Here is the view from inside CC 8106, looking back toward 8108,

o2.jpg

Viewed from the open deck below, the verandah of 8108 is just visible (red arrow).

o3.jpg

The large 'cages' were always stored below deck 8, so they would not interfere with the foward view from 8108.

Note that the verandah of 8108 is smaller than most, as it tapers where it meets the curving wall of the suites.

The alien abduction to which Newt refers actually occurred earlier this year in 8106. My son and his friend did their MIB routine to bring matters back under control (click here for video clip). The area is secure...

chesterh

After I booked our stateroom, 8100, I found a photo of the window cleaner parked outside my balcony...I panicked! I search other photo's and in each one, I saw the washer in various places, so I felt better. We had an opportunity to move to 9108 yesterday. We decided against it as it was directly next to our friends stateroom and we didn't want to be THAT close to them.:rolleyes:

UPDATE: I noticed that 9108 is still available. Should we switch?:confused:

• 1 month later...
The window washing equipment is on a track that places it in front of the adjacent Celbrity Suite (8106). In its stored position, it is on the side nearest 8108, but does not directly block the view from that cabin.

This picture outlines the verandah of 8106 in red. You can see the 'ladder structure' of the washer system to the right.

Here is the view from inside CC 8106, looking back toward 8108,

Viewed from the open deck below, the verandah of 8108 is just visible (red arrow).

The large 'cages' were always stored below deck 8, so they would not interfere with the foward view from 8108.

Note that the verandah of 8108 is smaller than most, as it tapers where it meets the curving wall of the suites.

The alien abduction to which Newt refers actually occurred earlier this year in 8106. My son and his friend did their MIB routine to bring matters back under control (click here for video clip). The area is secure...

chesterh

Chester

These are brilliant and very helpful pics. Were you staying in 8106 - we are on Infinity in Sept and were wondering what the views from the suite were like - does the window washing kit ever block the window in that room - and have you any other internal pics that might interest us - assuming you were staying in 8106

Cheers

AJ

AJ - Yes we were in 8106. The window washing equipment is normally stationed in front of one of the four large windows (the aft-most window). I was not bothered by it at all, as the remaining windows provide a huge floor-to-ceiling wall of glass. We often kept the light-diffusing shade drawn over the aft window.

Here is a picture of the view from the dining area (in St. Thomas). Note the shade covering the window on the right:

breakfast.jpg

There are ten other interior pictures, a floor diagram and a complete description of the room contained in Chapter 38 of my continuing travelogue. You can click the small images in the story to view larger versions -- click here to view this chapter. Other photos of the cabin and the ship are scattered throughout chapters covering the Millennium trip (#'s 31-45).

All the best,

chesterh

Sonia & Stewart...........

Actually we changed to #8100......Funny, we usually take a celebrity suite........the best cabins onboard...... but after 4 cruises this year, we're tightening up on the purse strings!! (Hope we won't be sorry!)

M&M's

Archived