Princess Pelican Kids Program

cidymom

We are going on our first cruise with our toddler son who will be celebrating his 4th birthday on board the Crown Princess in April. Does anyone have any input about the Princess Pelican program (ages 3 - 7)? It seems like a large age gap. Will there be activities for a 4 year old? Will he be okay with the older kids? Do they throw a birthday party? Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.:)

My daughter celebrated her 7th birthday on a cruise, four years ago. Princess will give your family at dinner a nice little chocolate cake. I had talked to the kids' program counselors about letting my girl share the cake she would be getting, but they said no. Besides not allowing food in the fun zone, there's the allergy problem that some kids have. I think the counselors did give her a jigsaw puzzle as a birthday gift to her.

We were allowed to take our leftover cake to our cabin and we put it in the mini-fridge to enjoy a day later.

There's not really a problem with the age range, unless there's a problem kid in the mix on either end. Sometimes if there are few kids onboard (if you're going in late April, this may be the case), there may be more ages in that group. If there are many kids onboard, the age groups may be more split up.

We were just on the Crown with our almost 7 year old. For activities, they split the kids up into two groups: ages 3-5 and 6-8. They all watched the same movie which was age appropriate for all of them (Ratatouille, Wall-E, etc.)

Archived