Is there a "dress code" for breakfast

Verrrrry casual..... whatever you will be wearing "that day"... if it is a swim suit, just a cover up. Know on one ship a group wore PJ's, but would hope with a robe, please:D

You are probably referring the special "Polar Bear PJ Breakfast". On a recent Member's cruise many of the ladies all went to the MDR wearing special Polar Bear PJs or Nightshirts. It was a pretty cool event. Pictures were taken in the Centrium before breakfast. There were even a couple of men that wore matching PJs.

No baseball caps allowed at breakfast or lunch. Each day they asked DH to take it off. (No flaming needed - he planned on doing it anyway)

I wonder when that started. A couple of years ago we were on the Navigator. A very nice fellow at our table wore his baseball cap at dinner all the time. I just hated it but didn't say anything because he was such a nice tablemate otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

Men and thier hats,

Hats are not needed indoors regardless.

I wear them but only outside.

Ex-Navy and know precisely the rules and regulations of civilians and uniformed people.

But there are no excuses for wearing any hat inside especially into a dining area.

My Dh wore his ball cap in the mdr for breakfast and no one said anything. I guess it depends on the waiters.

Ball caps are designed to keep the sun out of your eyes. No need to wear one inside.:rolleyes:

My mother taught me that one years ago.

and for the ladies the dress code for breakfast is........

Curlers or hair nets.............or both if the situation requires. Suitable footwear is non discript slippers with a small tassle on it.....

for the men, boxer shorts, a string vest, knotted hanky over the head with hob nailed boots !

Each one designed to dress to kill !

Good Heavens I didn't know Ena Sharples, Hilda Ogden and Onslow were into cruising :D

(Apologies to our North American cousins, it's a British TV joke)

When we were on the Mariner they would not allow men in the MDR for breakfast with a tank top on. I think a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops are fine.

I just came off the Mariner & they did not let my friend's husband in in a tank top but they let the women wear sleeveless.

Barbara from Philly

Just got off the LOS. Both the breakfast and lunch was come as you are. They probably do require tee shirt over top of woman's bathing suits and for guys shorts and tee shirt is fine. I believe they were not making a big deal of baseball cap for either men or women (yes, women wear them too).

When we were on the Mariner they would not allow men in the MDR for breakfast with a tank top on. I think a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops are fine.

same, they wouldnt let my dad in with a tank top so he went back to the room and put a short sleeve shirt on, and the same time he walked back in so did a kid with a tank top on, no one said anything to him about it.:confused:

Hi

I understand that Breakfast is served in the MDR ?

If so is there a dress code ? Is it acceptable to turn up for Breakfast in T-Shirts, shorts and sandals/flip flops or trainers ?

Please don't tell me I need to wear a bow tie with my shorts ;):D

What you have read above is correct, except on formal days - then you have to wear a tux and bow tie ;)

Re the PJ's - what happens if you do not own any :eek:

Archived