Quest - SunSet Verandah vs A2 OceanView

Jade13

Are there any extra amenities in a SunSet Verandah? I had one booked but just switched to an A2 Veranda a couple doors down as they appear to be the same size and the savings was a substantial $1,000.00 for the stateroom. Both are on Deck 7. What am I missing?

Also, so all staterooms have a robe and slippers?

Sunset views not only have a larger balconey, you get to see both sides of the ship. I especially enjoy the front rooms, you see everything witha great panoramic view. Also, if the sunset views are tucked in between the suites, you might get better stuff...just because the cabin attendants ( or butlers) have it to give.

Hi Jade13,

Go for it!!! We just changed from a Sunset Veranda (which we love) to a A1 cabin on deck 7 and saved $1600 for the cabin. It will pay for a lot of tours. The cabins are the same size and have the same perks!!!

Sheila

Last cruise we got upgraded to a sky suite from a sunset . Although it was larger, we missed the great panoramic views. Not all upgrades are great. But, is there is a lot of money to be saved, you have to weigh your options. Maybe, you'll get lucky and move up.

The only "perk" of the Sunset verandah cabin is a larger balcony. Otherwise the services are the same as for a 2A or 1A cabin.

We are in the minority that likes forward cabins and I was told the forward SunSets have the same size balcony as A2, so I'm not seeing an extra $1,000 value.

Sunset views not only have a larger balconey, you get to see both sides of the ship. I especially enjoy the front rooms, you see everything witha great panoramic view. Also, if the sunset views are tucked in between the suites, you might get better stuff...just because the cabin attendants ( or butlers) have it to give.

Wasn't it really windy while the ship was moving? I had a forward cabin on HAL last summer and never used the balcony it was so windy going in or out of Kusadasi I feared I might be blown over.

Hi Jade13,

Go for it!!! We just changed from a Sunset Veranda (which we love) to a A1 cabin on deck 7 and saved $1600 for the cabin. It will pay for a lot of tours. The cabins are the same size and have the same perks!!!

Sheila

Sheila, that is what we did. If it was up to my DH we would take the cheapest inside.

By the way we were on an "all inclusive" luxury with A&K in Antarctica on Minerva and had no problem with our porthole. We were never there and the Promanade cabins were the same size for at least an additional $5K per person. We still had the bathrobes and slippers and spa products.

Last cruise we got upgraded to a sky suite from a sunset . Although it was larger, we missed the great panoramic views. Not all upgrades are great. But, is there is a lot of money to be saved, you have to weigh your options. Maybe, you'll get lucky and move up.

Was it a paid upgrade (upsell), or a free upgrade and do you have to have a guarantee to be upgraded?

Upgrade was free. It was a guaranty booking. We moved up several categories. However, it doesn't always happen. Some cruises what we booked was what we got. It's a mystery how they assign cabins. Always book a cabin that you will be comfortable in, and hope for an upgrade. Saving money can often make cabins seem better. Also, in some cases we booked the last cabin left on a sailing. We gave up options, but got on the ship. Truthfully, I've been in all types of cabins...suites. balconey, large, and very small. It's okay as long as the beds are good, the room is clean, the water is hot, and the toilet flushes.

Archived