cruising beginning of September

Has anyone cruised the Caribbean during the first few weeks of September? What is the weather like? Windy, Rainy?

We live in New Jersey and are considering the 9-night cruise from Cape Liberty leaving September 10th.

Thanks!!

Dawnie626:

I have sailed two times during the first week of September and have yet to have a problem with weather. Both trips was perfect, a little hot and no sign of rain during a port visit.

This year we are going towards the middle of September and I must admit, I am a little nervous of hurricane season. Foolish I know because the cruise ships divert and avoid any possible trouble.

I am sure the weather will co-operate. Enjoy your cruise.

Grand Princess - Sept 2002

Voyager - Sept 2003

Explorer countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;09;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until EOS with friends from the VOS

- Sept 2004

DAWNIE626,

We have book that same cruise, we also were alittle nervous about the weather during that time, but weighted the options and consider to take a chance. Like the people on this board has mentioned the ships divert from the storms major path.This is our first cruise so i can not say foresure how the weather is but i can say the people on this board are very reassuring that no matter what kind of weather that we will have a blast! Hope to see you onboard icon_biggrin.gif

Sandy

9/10/04 voyager cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We have cruised in the Sept-Oct time frame for the last 7 years and only had to dodge bad weather once where we had to go western instead of eastern. I guarantee the cruise line will do everything in its power to meet cruise dates. icon_cool.gif

Enchantment of the Seas 1997

Grand Princess 1998

Carnival Celebration 1999

Enchantment of the Seas 2000

Enchantment of the Seas 2001

Carnival Pride 2002

Carnival Glory 2003

Sovereign of the Seas 5/3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;05;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Mariner of the Seas 10/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

I love traveling in September (actually looking for something now). It's great - kids are back in school, the weather is still warm, prices are pretty good. Yes - it's a great time!

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005

Mariner of the Seas 10/15/2005

8 cruises to date.

We sailed on the 9/13 Carnival Glory last year, just ahead of Hurricane Isabel. We really thought we'd have a problem coming back into Port Canaveral as she was making a beeline for the Florida coastline. Luckily, she turned north and our cruise was not affected. Our cruise was a western itinerary, most of the Eastern itineraries for that week were changed to western at the last minute. I'm sure there were some unhappy sailors but better to be safe than sorry. Other than being HOT HOT HOT it was great, very calm seas, surprising since we were out there in front of a Hurricane! I'm going again on the 9/19 Mariner this fall so I guess Hurricane season didn't scare me off.

Atom.gifGroup board for the Royal Hounds 9/19/04

For pricing and booking info click:Royal Hounds

Miracle 2/13/05, Royal Hounds 9/19/04, Conquestadors 1/11/04,

Glory Hounds 9/13/03, Triumph 1/03, Fascination 5/02

royalsmallwide.gif

If lifes a beach... then I want to cruise there!

For pricing and booking info click:Royal Hounds

Archived