Sun Princess - Liquid / Hard Soap?

Kiwi Kid

Hardly a matter of life or death, but can anyone let me know if there's liquid soap in the shower and/or a physical bar of soap? (Ladies will appreciate that it's much easier to shave your legs with a bar of soap!):D

Hardly a matter of life or death, but can anyone let me know if there's liquid soap in the shower and/or a physical bar of soap? (Ladies will appreciate that it's much easier to shave your legs with a bar of soap!):D

I'm with you there ....

and always carry a little bar in my toiletries bag "just in case"!

Cheers,

Moira :)

I know passengers sailing on the Sun Princess right now, and asked them to look for you and reply is that there is a nice large bar of soap provided. Hope that helps.:)

Cheers all - appreciate the help. Will pop in some liquid soap for the handbasin as I can't stand it when it turns into a gooey mess - on P&O they never replaced it - even when it was a thin sliver that required a pair of tweezers to uplift!! :)

Cheers all - appreciate the help. Will pop in some liquid soap for the handbasin as I can't stand it when it turns into a gooey mess - on P&O they never replaced it - even when it was a thin sliver that required a pair of tweezers to uplift!!

Our steward usually replaces the soap very often. If he/she misses it, just ask. I know it is a bother to ask, but otherwise they will think you are happy with the situation. :):)

Evon.

We were on board the sun last month and we had both hard soap and liquid soap. We were in a mini suite so I don't know if this is standard in the regular staterooms.:confused: Take your own anyway - we did because we are pretty fussy with our liquid soap and like lots of it so take your own.

LOL

To save space and leaky bottles, I'm going to opt for using the supplied shampoos, soaps etc. I like the sound of bigger cakes of soap. Has anyone not liked the shampoo and conditioner? I've not used it in the past, always BYO. While I'm " in the bathroom ", does anyone know the wattage on the hairdryers on the Dawn Princess? I think they would be the same as on the Sun Princess...about 1300w?

Thanks,

Anna

To save space and leaky bottles, I'm going to opt for using the supplied shampoos, soaps etc. I like the sound of bigger cakes of soap. Has anyone not liked the shampoo and conditioner? I've not used it in the past, always BYO. While I'm " in the bathroom ", does anyone know the wattage on the hairdryers on the Dawn Princess? I think they would be the same as on the Sun Princess...about 1300w?

Thanks,

Anna

Hi Anna,

I didn't look at the wattage of the hairdryers, but they were similar to P & O. Rather slow, but did the job. The cakes of soap are circular about 6cm in diameter. We found them very satisfactory. I take my own shampoo because it is one for coloured hair. It is simple to take some in a small plastic bottle rather than the original large container.

Cheers,

Evon.

:):):D Well done 12 replys about soap and still counting!!

:pWhat ever happened to soap on a rope:confused:

Hi Evon,

The small cakes do sit nicely in the palm of your hand. I've heard the shampoo is frangranced with eucalyptus (?) so I may just opt to take a standby. I need something with a bit more punch in the dryer department, but I'm happy it's not in the bathroom.

Spike08,

I have a hunch that your soap on a rope is a Christmas/Father's day promotion.

Happy soaping all....

Anna

Archived