Sort of realted - anyone cruised with carnival?

PAFC2004

Hi all.... I'll be in the US in july and thought it would be nice to go on a short cruise. The carnival web site is FAR cheaper than other sites (mainly Australian), even with the currency conversion accounted for. Does anyone have experience with this?

We have cruised with Carnival and have thoroughly enjoyed each cruise. We have found the food to be the best we have had on 4 cruise lines .

You will find that they have a lot of activities and are regarded as the Fun Ships. It would seem that it depends on where you cruise as to how much of a Fun Ship it is. We cruised Hawaii to Vancouver and it was definitely much more of a party ship than the next cruise which was to Alaska with an older crowd. We have also cruised in the Med with an older crowd and it was much more laid back.

Their prices are good and we would sail with them again.

I sailed on the carnival fantasy and compared it to P and O ships, much more a party atmosphere. The port stops were amazing, grand turk, nassau (where we swam with the sting rays a month after Steve Irwin died), and Half moon cay. These are nothing like the island stops we have here in Australia.

I know from reading the american boards there is a feeling that carnival is a lower class, but we loved it as we have all our cruises for different reasons.

Hi there, we have A LOT of cruise friends who sail with Carnival....and they all said the food, service and the ships were great, the inside cabins are also some of the larger you will see. The newer ships are gorgeous, have a look at them on the Carnival USA site..very nice!!

The ships all seem to have a good party atmosphere from what we have heard.

I am sure you would have a wonderful cruise....

Happy cruising

S&D

045_o2.gif.7203dbc1ea4fe6a713ada3bc3867b63e.gif

We did a B2B last Nov-Dec on the Carnival Triumph ports of call were Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, San Juan, St Thomas & St Maarten.:cool: We were upgraded from a standard balcony cabin to a balcony suite.;) What a pleasure. We had the best time. The food was great. Gained 3 kilos. The entertainment was great. The people were great oh hell every thing was great.:p Because of that cruise we are now confirmed addicts. You won't regret it. I just wish they were closer to aus.:( Their prices are incredibly cheap.:eek:

Carnival Triumph Eastern & Western Caribbean Nov 30th - Dec 14th 08

P&O Pacific Sun week fantastic Sept 5th 09

Princess Pacific Sun Hawaiian Discovery Sept 09

We did the Carnival Paradise (before kids) and had a fantastic time. They were excellent to cruise with (the ship was new too!). We are thinking of doing the same thing next year but haven't decided between Carnival or RCCL.

Hi, in May 05, we sailed on CARNIVAL SPIRIT - 21 days, from Honolulu -Hawaiian Islands then across to Vancouver then Inside passage - Alaska.

Ship was very good..more action then Princess, entertainment plus, food good. I would travel on Carnival again.

Archived