Empty Promises

alanmal

RCCL promised me a $200.00 OBC ontop of my $300.00 OBC for switching from the Legend of the Sea Jan 28th 2010 sailing, which is being chartered, to the Azamara Quest sailing of Feb. 20, 2010.

Now they are reneging on the $200.00 and droping the $300.00 to $200.00. So I cancelled them

People watch out for there dirty tricks and empty promises

?? No explanation offered as to why??

They said that they do not do double promotions, I said that the $200.00 was not a promotion, but a bribe to switch. They also said that the girl who called had no authority to say what she said. Even spoke to my TA's rep. from Celebrity-Azamara, who also said tough, that is there policy, I said my policy is not to do buisiness with people who do not keep there word . There are plenty of cruise lines that keep there word out there.

They do not allow credits to be combined as they used to do, that is their published policy. while I agree with you that this was really compensation for your being inconvenienced, and that RCCL is being short-sighted in not being more sensitive to your position, I submit that you may well be being equally short-sighted in blaming Azamara since you won't have the pleasant experience of sailing on these very nice ships and itineraries.

I think that I would have gone up "the chain of command" before I cancelled had I been in your shoes.

Wherever you go, I hope you enjoy your cruise.

They do not allow credits to be combined as they used to do, that is their published policy. while I agree with you that this was really compensation for your being inconvenienced, and that RCCL is being short-sighted in not being more sensitive to your position, I submit that you may well be being equally short-sighted in blaming Azamara since you won't have the pleasant experience of sailing on these very nice ships and itineraries.

I think that I would have gone up "the chain of command" before I cancelled had I been in your shoes.

Wherever you go, I hope you enjoy your cruise.

This would have been #75 cruise since 1976, it went up the chain and back down, I guess they think that they are the greatest cruise line in the world, but they are cutting prices, trying to attract anybody, not just the upscale that it was intended to.

I have been to the orient twice before, this was intended to get to Hanoi. Maybee I will do aland tour of Vietnam

RCCL promised me a $200.00 OBC ontop of my $300.00 OBC for switching from the Legend of the Sea Jan 28th 2010 sailing, which is being chartered, to the Azamara Quest sailing of Feb. 20, 2010.

Now they are reneging on the $200.00 and droping the $300.00 to $200.00. So I cancelled them

People watch out for there dirty tricks and empty promises

Did the price of the cruise go down after the original offer? I understand the issue with an additional $200.00 for a cancellation (although this is so far out that airfare is just coming out 11 months in advance) but the $200.00 vs $300.00 is very clear on the site as it states $200.00 for Oceanview and $300.00 for a Verandah etc on the longer cruises. Which stateroom were you booked on?

Btw, I think overall RCCL pre-cruise customer service is horrible.

sorry but i find this story a little beyond belief. my guess, the poster was a little confused about the "offer??"

Offer 1st went to TA saturday afternoon, then I called Jennifer at Azamara in kansas back and had her repeat it. It was faxed to my TA Sat. afternoonby her. My Ta had to wait till the info was posted on my acct. that is when the fun started this morning. I spoke to headquarters down here in Fl, they would only put me ont executive office customer service, who got a message to legal who finally called me back about 3pm on my cell at the same time my wife got a call from Meagen in Kansas with a message from Jennifer, that I should call my TA. My TA said I should call her Celebrity-Azamara company rep. (Jack Goldberg). I left a message he called me back about 4pm and was ver apologeti, he had call headquarter and they would not budge, the excuse was if they did it for me they would have to do it for everybody.I guess maybe I did get the info wrong or maybe I got it very right. They don't care. The must have got a pretty penny for the chartewr of the Legend of the Sea, because all the TA's get to keep there commisions even if you cancel.So Jim, call up Azamara and check all those names!!!!!!!

Did the price of the cruise go down after the original offer? I understand the issue with an additional $200.00 for a cancellation (although this is so far out that airfare is just coming out 11 months in advance) but the $200.00 vs $300.00 is very clear on the site as it states $200.00 for Oceanview and $300.00 for a Verandah etc on the longer cruises. Which stateroom were you booked on?

Btw, I think overall RCCL pre-cruise customer service is horrible.

Handicapped veranda. They offered the $200. as a bribe for switching to the Azamara smaller ship cruises

Handicapped veranda. They offered the $200. as a bribe for switching to the Azamara smaller ship cruises

But I believe this cruise is offering $300.00 OBC for a Verandah (I know it doesn't resolve the other OBC).

And I do believe someone with as many cruises as you did hear it right, they just gave you wrong information.

http://rccl.bridgetrack.com/azamara/08/specialpromotions/update/sale/pdf/ASAP_AZ_Consumer_final.pdf

Al, It is clear on their website that Feb 20 has a $300.00 OBC for a Verandah and higher. I think there is also pre-paid gratuities. The Verandas start at $2,999.00. Is it possible that you were booked earlier with a fare under $2,999.00 and that is why they will not even honor the $300.00 OBC for the Verandah? I am just trying to understand their argument.

http://rccl.bridgetrack.com/azamara/08/specialpromotions/update/sale/pdf/ASAP_AZ_Consumer_final.pdf

Al, It is clear on their website that Feb 20 has a $300.00 OBC for a Verandah and higher. think there is also pre-paid gratuites. The Verandas start at $2,999.00. Is it possible that you were booked earlier with a fare under $2,999.00 and that is why they will not even honor the $300.00 OBC for the Verandah? I am just trying to understand their argument.

Their argument is we do not give OBC on top of other OBC. I contend that the offer of the $200.00 OBC is not a promo but a bribe. they say there policy is clear and the girl Jennifer at there call center in kansas made a mistake. (she was very clear on this, that it was an incentive to switch) I say so be it, but honor it anyway. A deal is a deal and they need people like us that cruise often rather than we need them. Azamera started out as an upscale line, but has been braught down to the RCCL level, because of the economy.Last wednsday, I call RCCL to find out about the N/A on their web site for the Legend rooms. I was told by the executive office that the cruise was going to charter within the next few days. I went right away to the Azamaras site and then had my TA book the Quest. With the OBC and pre paid gratutities. When Jennifer called on Saturday she made it quite clear to my TA and to me that the bribe was on top of the OBC. I confirmed that the totoal of OBC would be $500.00 and the pre paid qratuities would be $343.00

... they say there policy is clear and the girl Jennifer at there call center in kansas made a mistake.

I was given misinformation by a rep as well when I booked an Azamara cruise...and was told afterwards by a supervisor that the rep had made a mistake. They were not going to honor the OBC and free gratuities that the rep had told me were included because this particular cruise did not qualify for them. I accepted the fact that it was a mistake, kept the reservation, but later cancelled it...not because of the mistake, but because we decided that the itinerary wasn't right for us. However, we did take an Azamara cruise in the Med in October and had an exceptional 14 day cruise!:)

I know this will not solve the OBC problem, but you are getting a much better cruise on Azamara than RCL. Granted, you booked and wanted RCL, but it's kind of like ordering a Chevy and GM sending you a Buick--the upgrade is really nice! Better quality.

We just got off the Journey and loved the ship, the food, the STAFF--it is like no 3000+ cruise--it's preferable in my humble opinion. I just hope they gave you a good deal on your cabin.

Mistakes happen. Don't spend your energy getting mad. And by the way, your Travel Agent should have made the call to her district sales person--that's her/his job. I would never ask a client to make a call that is part of my job. Why can't your TA call the DSM and ask that they upgrade you to a balcony cabin or to a better location to smooth your ruffled feathers. She should ask what they (the cruise line) can do to make you a happy client. Guess you can tell that I am a TA.

Mom C

Fort Collins, CO

I know this will not solve the OBC problem, but you are getting a much better cruise on Azamara than RCL. Granted, you booked and wanted RCL, but it's kind of like ordering a Chevy and GM sending you a Buick--the upgrade is really nice! Better quality.

We just got off the Journey and loved the ship, the food, the STAFF--it is like no 3000+ cruise--it's preferable in my humble opinion. I just hope they gave you a good deal on your cabin.

Mistakes happen. Don't spend your energy getting mad. And by the way, your Travel Agent should have made the call to her district sales person--that's her/his job. I would never ask a client to make a call that is part of my job. Why can't your TA call the DSM and ask that they upgrade you to a balcony cabin or to a better location to smooth your ruffled feathers. She should ask what they (the cruise line) can do to make you a happy client. Guess you can tell that I am a TA.

Mom C

Fort Collins, CO

The itinerary on the Legend was better than the Quest. My TA of 31 years,(the owner), was on the phone all day. They, from the bottom to the top and down to the bottom would not budge.

I think I have gotten my feeling across to everybody. I am now going to delete this site from my favorites and move on to finding a land trip instead of a cruise, for next adventure.

Have fun everybody on all your cruises, I might be back in the near future with another cruise. just look for the little man below my name

Archived