empress to panorama deck- help..your opinion

smch916

Valor.

So I have the option to upgrade to a Panorama deck (near the front) balcony cabin. The move would be from an empress deck cabin, midship. It's a $40 upgrade and I can't decide if I want to do it.

My husband says go for it but I'm hesitant about being near the front not so much for motion but for convenience. I did check and we would have cabins above and below us so that isn't an issue in either spot. What would you do? Your thoughts on the benefits of either one are appreciated. Thank you!

Do you know what the cabin # is? I love the panorama deck because it is so quiet and so convenient. However, we usually get the 1st couple of cabins as you walk in. Not the ones further down the hall. We had a cabin that was the 2nd from the front 1 time and it was so windy it wasn't very enjoyable. If it were my only option, I would take it, but prefer to be farther down.

While I love the Panorama deck, if I had a mid-ship balcony on Empress deck I would want to be paid to move anywhere. I really don't think there is a better location on Conquest class ships than mid-ship Empress. Since you are between passenger decks your cabin will be quiet, your balcony will be as private as a side balcony can be, and you are just steps from anywhere on board. Why would you move?

I love Panorama. Next cruise on The Liberty I selected 1060. It's I think the second or third cabin before you go outside. It's just always easier for us to navigate from there to all the places we like to go. Never really feel too much movement. We're traveling with our 9 year old son this time so it's also very convenient to camp Carnival.

We had mid deck on Empress this last cruise and it was so convenient. I dont see how it could be much better. Even surprised me how much I loved that location. I have a friend who always selects mid deck Empress just because she loves it there.

Valor.

So I have the option to upgrade to a Panorama deck (near the front) balcony cabin. The move would be from an empress deck cabin, midship. It's a $40 upgrade and I can't decide if I want to do it.

My husband says go for it but I'm hesitant about being near the front not so much for motion but for convenience. I did check and we would have cabins above and below us so that isn't an issue in either spot. What would you do? Your thoughts on the benefits of either one are appreciated. Thank you!

I'm just curious, did you book guarantee, or did you originally select a cabin? Which cabin are you currently assigned to?

Thanks for all the responses. I too think the empress deck would have been more convenient to a lot of things...I have enjoyed mid ship in the past. However, my husband convinced me we should try something new...we moved from 7369 to panorama 1047. It was a $40 move. We do like the pool so hopefully we'll think it's great!

Archived