When to attach luggage tags

300EXPRESS

Well, I've printed my luggage tags. I'm wondering what everyone does - when do you attach them? We are flying and have one connection. We fly in the day before we sail. So, do I attach these at home before I leave and let them go through being battered by the airline or should I wait until we are at our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale?

Maybe the Marriott will have a stapler or tape I could borrow? What do you do???

Thanks!

I would wait until AFTER your flight. Either bring a mini stapler with you or ask for one at your hotel. You dont want to worry about them being torn off on the airplane or during your connection. Also. laminate them if you can. Theyll better stay on once you get to the terminal and you check in. Have fun!! :)

I would wait until AFTER your flight. Either bring a mini stapler with you or ask for one at your hotel. You dont want to worry about them being torn off on the airplane or during your connection. Also. laminate them if you can. Theyll better stay on once you get to the terminal and you check in. Have fun!! :)

Sounds like a good idea - thanks!!

They don't mail colorful luggage tags out anymore? You just print them?

It's been a few years since I've been on Carnival.

It depends.. if you opt for E-Documents (e-tickets).. then they will be online with those when you print them out. They are on the last page.. just print as many as you need.

if you chose to not have e-docs, they will mail you tags with your tickets..

The ones you print out are in color.. but you need a color printer.. but it doesnt matter if you print them off on black and white.. they dont really car about the color anymore.. altho it does make it easier.

They don't mail colorful luggage tags out anymore? You just print them?

It's been a few years since I've been on Carnival.

Just opt for paper docs and they will send pre printed luggage tags for you......

OP put them on after your flight..........

When we flew into San Juan they pulled all tags off our luggage before we went out the door just like the old days.......

Carnival suggests that you attach your luggage tags before you leave home. I always do. I wan't that bag to find me and the right ship in case it goes astray. Because of the new paper ones printed at home (although I had made the tags extra strong with packing tape) I made up a couple of extras and slipped them into the front pocket on my suitcase just in case they came off during the flight. I also had tags on my carry-on and buy big handbag. I almost put one around my neck. When I write my travel memoirs I will title it "The Anal Traveler".

Just opt for paper docs and they will send pre printed luggage tags for you......

OP put them on after your flight..........

When we flew into San Juan they pulled all tags off our luggage before we went out the door just like the old days.......

I've only flown into San Juan once, but no airline has ever taken off my cruise tag.

I've only flown into San Juan once, but no airline has ever taken off my cruise tag.

It was not a specific airline.....airport officials did this as we were exiting the airport......

They did this when we flew in Dec. of 07........we were surprised also as this has not been done in years.

So in the event of this happening and you want to put them on before you fly.......might want to bring extras....

It depends.. if you opt for E-Documents (e-tickets).. then they will be online with those when you print them out. They are on the last page.. just print as many as you need.

if you chose to not have e-docs, they will mail you tags with your tickets..

The ones you print out are in color.. but you need a color printer.. but it doesnt matter if you print them off on black and white.. they dont really car about the color anymore.. altho it does make it easier.

Carnival told me yesterday that they no longer mail luggage tags. The two options are printing them @ home or picking them up at port. I don't know if this is accurate but it's what they told me.

We flew to Rome via Munich for our TA last fall. I had very securely taped with packing tape the labels to our checked bags. Even the baggage smashers at airport in Rome could not destroy them. I wrapped each tag in packing tape, covering both the front and back. Then I wrapped at least three layers around the tail of the tags when I put them through the handle. I also cut apart some extras I had printed and put one or two labels in each bag so they would have some idea of where it belonged in case the tags did go astray. Since we are driving to our next cruise, I do not believe I will have any need to secure the tags that well.

Doc

Carnival told me yesterday that they no longer mail luggage tags. The two options are printing them @ home or picking them up at port. I don't know if this is accurate but it's what they told me.

I like the option of picking them up at the port! Last year I printed out tags for 11 people, covered in clear tape, etc., and when we got to the port they gave us the good old-fashioned tags anyway!

I printed them out, folded them as instructed and then covered each one with clear packaging tape. It took 2 strips of tape to cover each tag. I only taped the top side and it was strong enough.

I then packed the tags (flat) along with a small roll of the clear packaging tape. The morning of the cruise, I removed all the airline tags and attached a Carnival tag to each piece of checked luggage just by taping the ends together. Worked great!

Archived