No room yet? 3/15 Legend

kirchubel

OP... I'm just curious... if you don't mind sharing... how will you tell DH about the awesome surprise cruise??

Don't mind sharing at all! I am very excited, because our best travel buddies in the world are joining us on the cruise! It's been in the works for a year. My DH thinks we are going on a driving vacation [something we do often.] We are driving first to Atlanta [stopping on the way at Maker's Mark bourbon distillery to take the tour!]. The next day we are driving to Tampa, where our friends have reserved a 2 bdrm place. Our friends are arranging us to have a key waiting for us at the front desk...when we open the door to our room they will be there! I have ordered a book that includes a portion on the mayan ruins in Belize. I've wrapped it and am going to give it to him as our friends stand by. And in the book I'm putting the itinerary. He will be astounded!!! I can hardly wait though...I really am about to burst. It's a big challenge keeping the secret. By the way..our friends, who are from England, are going to use our car to drive back to our place {THEY will have the driving tour after the vacation!] .... and we are flying back.

The best thing is, my husband always does surprises for me and I never surprise him. So it's been absolutely a challenge to plan and execute!

To the OP,

If you don't have your room assignment before you leave, make sure you bring all proof of payment with you especially since you can't get into" my reservations." Last year a couple in our group of friends did not have their room assignment before getting to the ship and when they got to check in, they could find no record of them! Thank goodness Bev had brought all her paperwork with her that proved they had paid for this cruise, otherwise, they would have been SOL. They went ahead and let them board the ship without a room assignment and told them they would sort it out and go to the pursers desk after 3:30. End of story, they didn't get a room assignment until after 5:30! It all ended well as they got upgraded from a oceanview to a Cat. 12 but without paperwork, it wouldn't have ended well! My husband and I are platinum and we have never seen this happen before.

Pat

Thanks for the tip! I will make sure to take all the documents. I would have a fit if something happened and I wasn't able to get on board!

Can anyone tell me where to look to see which cabins are open on the cruise I am on? It is Carnival Legend. March 29

Thanks

Firefly seems to have a site to check but I'm guessing its only for TAs...maybe someone will pass on some info that would allow non TAs to check?

Don't mind sharing at all! I am very excited, because our best travel buddies in the world are joining us on the cruise! It's been in the works for a year. My DH thinks we are going on a driving vacation [something we do often.] We are driving first to Atlanta [stopping on the way at Maker's Mark bourbon distillery to take the tour!]. The next day we are driving to Tampa, where our friends have reserved a 2 bdrm place. Our friends are arranging us to have a key waiting for us at the front desk...when we open the door to our room they will be there! I have ordered a book that includes a portion on the mayan ruins in Belize. I've wrapped it and am going to give it to him as our friends stand by. And in the book I'm putting the itinerary. He will be astounded!!! I can hardly wait though...I really am about to burst. It's a big challenge keeping the secret. By the way..our friends, who are from England, are going to use our car to drive back to our place {THEY will have the driving tour after the vacation!] .... and we are flying back.

The best thing is, my husband always does surprises for me and I never surprise him. So it's been absolutely a challenge to plan and execute!

That is VERY cool! I know I wouldn't be able to keep the secret!! Are you going to try to take pics of him opening the book??

You'll have to write a review when you get back to let us know how it went!! I'm excited for you!!

You only have 5 more days to keep it a secret.... It's almost time!! YAYYYY!!! :D

Firefly seems to have a site to check but I'm guessing its only for TAs...maybe someone will pass on some info that would allow non TAs to check?

No, the site isnt only for TAs, but we are not allowed to post ANY TA site so my hands are tied.

Dont worry about not having your cabin number right away. I had a similar experience a few years ago on the Miracle. We booked a guarntee inside cabin. I checked the website everyday for a cabin number and nothing. Finally when we arrived at the pier in Tampa the potter guy came over and noticed we had no cabin listed on our tags. He pulled out a list with all the passengers names and gave us our cabin number. Too my surprise we have been upgraded to a Balcony room on the 7th deck.

So even if you have no cabin number when you leave home dont worry becasue someone will have it at the pier. And make sure you have all your doucements and funpass ready....just incase.:cool:

:)

Hi all...I will keep checking the website every day. I'm still listed as TBA! Steph, I am hoping our friends will take a picture of my husband as he walks in the room. They are very excited and we will have a great time spilling the beans to him at last. If I get a picture maybe I'll post it here after we get back!:cool:

Hi all...I will keep checking the website every day. I'm still listed as TBA! Steph, I am hoping our friends will take a picture of my husband as he walks in the room. They are very excited and we will have a great time spilling the beans to him at last. If I get a picture maybe I'll post it here after we get back!:cool:

Very cool! I can't wait to see how it went! I know you guys will have a blast!

Let us know if you get your assignment before you leave too! :D

That is a great surprise you are having for your sweetie! I suggested a cruise for our honeymoon a few years back and he loves continuing cruising. I am on the cruise too! I hope you receive a good room with your guarantee. I usually receive a good one on a guarantee and I've heard alot of people on this cruise have been upgraded alot.

Cassandra

This is WONDERFUL! :) And I needed a smile on this dreary cold Monday! You picked our favorite ship to surprise him, too...you are going to love it! Have fun and happy surprising (you may want to tape up your mouth for the ride down there! LOL!):D

I probably WILL need to tape my mouth shut on the drive down! You guys are all so supportive. If I get my assignment before we leave I'll post it....Hope we can all meet/greet at some time during the cruise! Hope you all have a fantastic time and I will be sure to let you all know how it turns out. :)

I probably WILL need to tape my mouth shut on the drive down! You guys are all so supportive. If I get my assignment before we leave I'll post it....Hope we can all meet/greet at some time during the cruise! Hope you all have a fantastic time and I will be sure to let you all know how it turns out. :)

Here is roll call for the Legend 3-15-09 and #338 has info. about the Meet & Greet.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=731463&page=18

Cassandra

It looks like I'm organizing this meet and greet. We'd love to mee you and your hubby. Meet us at the Lido aft bar right after the Muster Drill. I'll be the one wearing a Cruise Critic t-shirt. :D I can't wait to hear how your surprise went. :)

It looks like I'm organizing this meet and greet. We'd love to mee you and your hubby. Meet us at the Lido aft bar right after the Muster Drill. I'll be the one wearing a Cruise Critic t-shirt. :D I can't wait to hear how your surprise went. :)

I would LOVE to meet you guys! I'll bring our friends to the meet & greet and won't that be fun to tell you all how it went. You won't miss me.. I'm a 6'1 gal with the brown hair...we will be with the couple with the British accents!

Brent:

You were the only person that I read on the Legend thread to mention an idea for the Meet & Greet and thanks for your help.:)

Brent:

You were the only person that I read on the Legend thread to mention an idea for the Meet & Greet and thanks for your help.:)

Actually, I'm Billie (and a female). :P Brent is in charge of our Parrothead Cruise (username LonePalmBJ). He is the organizer for it. I am a part of that group this time and was going to just "go with the flow" becauase I wasn't sure what our group would have planned but decided that we need a meet and greet regardless. It's fun to see each other on the ship throughout the week. See you all in a few short days!! :D :D

Actually, I'm Billie (and a female). :P Brent is in charge of our Parrothead Cruise (username LonePalmBJ). He is the organizer for it. I am a part of that group this time and was going to just "go with the flow" becauase I wasn't sure what our group would have planned but decided that we need a meet and greet regardless. It's fun to see each other on the ship throughout the week. See you all in a few short days!! :D :D

Sorry about that BILLIE, I tried to edit the reply and change your name but I didn't quick enough.:o After meeting some people at the beginning of the cruise you see them throughout the cruise alot. We have a short time until we all sail!:D

It really is crazy how you run into the same people over and over again from your roll call, or from the dining room. It's really cool. We hung out a lot with them on the cruise and even ran into them in port with 2 other ships there!! :eek:

Everyone was soooo nice... we still e-mail eachother time to time!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived