No room yet? 3/15 Legend

kirchubel

Hi everyone...wondering if anyone out there on the 3/15 Legend sailing has NOT got their room assignment yet? Two weeks ago I upgraded from a window to a balcony guarantee and my travel agent AND the carnival agent tell me to "keep checking the site" because "any day" we should get our room number. Anyone else out there with a balcony guarantee who has actually GOTTEN their assignment yet? Any suggestions as to what to expect since we may have to wait until embarkation? And does anyone know why they wait so long to assign? If my TA is correct the ship is full. THANKS in advance. Only five days until we start the drive south...and only 8 days till we cruise. I'm excited!!!

Your TA is wrong......the ship is still booking for OV and balcony cabins.......Just looked at the Carnival site.

Sometimes with a guarentee you don't get your cabin assignment til you hit the pier.....

So do you know if, when the balconies are filled up, they will then start assigning? How do you check to see whether they are still booking them? Thanks!:o
As I mentioned I just looked on the Carnival web site...Carnival.com;)

Hi everyone...wondering if anyone out there on the 3/15 Legend sailing has NOT got their room assignment yet? Two weeks ago I upgraded from a window to a balcony guarantee and my travel agent AND the carnival agent tell me to "keep checking the site" because "any day" we should get our room number. Anyone else out there with a balcony guarantee who has actually GOTTEN their assignment yet? Any suggestions as to what to expect since we may have to wait until embarkation? And does anyone know why they wait so long to assign? If my TA is correct the ship is full. THANKS in advance. Only five days until we start the drive south...and only 8 days till we cruise. I'm excited!!!

One of the drawbacks of bookiing a guarantee is sometimes you don't have an assigned cabin until you check in....... It's not up to your TA.....she has no control over the inventory.

Patience, friend, patience.

I know you guys are right and I have to have patience but it's tough :eek: because I'm so excited! Also I just upgraded from an OV, where I knew what cabin I'd be in. The TA made the mistake of telling me they should assign my cabin "any day...." not a great thing to tell someone who is like a kid waiting for Christmas! Oh well, thought I would ask anyway. thanks for your help and I will see you on the (hopefully great!) balcony!:D

We are on that same cruise and booked a guarantee. We just got our cabin assignment on Friday. Now all we have to do is wait a week to see what it looks like. It's amazing how time seems to stand still the closer we get.

We are on that same cruise and booked a guarantee. We just got our cabin assignment on Friday. Now all we have to do is wait a week to see what it looks like. It's amazing how time seems to stand still the closer we get.

Just because you have a stateroom assigned now does not mean it cannot change again. It is entirely possible that your assigned stateroom can be changed up until the time of sailing. I have seen this happen on rare occassion in the past and personally experienced it myself.

Just because you have a stateroom assigned now does not mean it cannot change again. It is entirely possible that your assigned stateroom can be changed up until the time of sailing. I have seen this happen on rare occassion in the past and personally experienced it myself.

I have had the assigned stateroom "upgraded" but never "downgraded". Once a stateroom is assigned and it is an "upgrade" from the category guaranteed, do they ever "downgrade" back? Seems like this could create quite a bit of frustration if they do.

I was told by TA AND Carnival that my guarantee means an 8A or better, and since I had only an OV before it sounded great. I've see the pix of the 7A obstructed an I understand that though you can see the lifeboat if you look down. I hope they assign me soon because I just want to know whether i'M forward or aft...I have no hopes of being midships with a guarantee. How did you find out that they have 1 8E and 3 7A's left? I tried going on the site to get a clue but can't figure out how to do it.

Gotta go! Hubby's on the way! This is a surprise for him!

You are sure it doesnt say on the Carnival site when you log into my cruises what your assignment is yet? I had a assignment within 4 hours when I did a last minute guarantee.

I see the same thing 3 7As, and the one 8E, 8284 is the only remaining balconies left. They could upgrade someone else and give you their cabins even this late, if they really havent set aside a cabin for you. Nothing else left on the whole ship on the site I use to check.

firefly...THANKS for checking. That's really great of you! I tried checking my reservation but am getting an error message. I'll keep trying...and I'll look for a deck plan that tells where that open cabin is.

Rainy/thundering in Indiana today...can't wait for drinks in the sun!

firefly...THANKS for checking. That's really great of you! I tried checking my reservation but am getting an error message. I'll keep trying...and I'll look for a deck plan that tells where that open cabin is.

If the website cooperates, you should be able to go to "My reservation" and your cruise summary should be there, on room # it will either say TBA or will have you actual number there.

Also, are you getting edocs? If so, check there as well.

Thanks Kristi...I do get the edocs which tell me TBA still! Sigh! At least I'm on the boat! ;)

I guess you might just wait till you get to the ship for your cabin assignment.

Carnival has also started "upselling cabins" - so maybe that is the delay in getting your cabin assignment.

Oh well, have fun and take care of the ship for us - see you at the pier - we'll be the smiling ones waiting to get on!!!

I guess you might just wait till you get to the ship for your cabin assignment.

Carnival has also started "upselling cabins" - so maybe that is the delay in getting your cabin assignment.

Oh well, have fun and take care of the ship for us - see you at the pier - we'll be the smiling ones waiting to get on!!!

All the suites are sold out, dont know what they could upsell to? The site I use only shows the 4 cabins left mentioned above.

Wierd that you cant get into your "my reservation". Keep trying, maybe its there by now. The edocs may not reflect it yet, depending on when you last saw them. Lets hope for a great upgrade!!!

How do you start a new Thread topic. I am cruising on 4-25-09 on carnival liberty and want to know if any one else is. But i can not figure out how to post it.Please help.

How do you start a new Thread topic. I am cruising on 4-25-09 on carnival liberty and want to know if any one else is. But i can not figure out how to post it.Please help.

Hi and welcome to cruise critic. If you go to the main section that has all the different sections, scroll down until you come to roll calls, and look for Carnival, then click on Liberty and then the one with your date. Let me go look for you. You shouldnt start a roll call thread up here which is for general carnival stuff, someone will just point you to roll calls. (not trying to sound harsh). brb after I find your thread.

To the OP,

If you don't have your room assignment before you leave, make sure you bring all proof of payment with you especially since you can't get into" my reservations." Last year a couple in our group of friends did not have their room assignment before getting to the ship and when they got to check in, they could find no record of them! Thank goodness Bev had brought all her paperwork with her that proved they had paid for this cruise, otherwise, they would have been SOL. They went ahead and let them board the ship without a room assignment and told them they would sort it out and go to the pursers desk after 3:30. End of story, they didn't get a room assignment until after 5:30! It all ended well as they got upgraded from a oceanview to a Cat. 12 but without paperwork, it wouldn't have ended well! My husband and I are platinum and we have never seen this happen before.

Pat

Archived