where did the port-of-call Petropavlowsk go?

Hans1

I wanted to take the Volendam from Kobe on 5/2 as I thought the port-of-call Petropawlowsk in Kamtchatka/Russia was something special and new. Now I saw they skipped that. Wonder why.......:confused:

I wanted to take the Volendam from Kobe on 5/2 as I thought the port-of-call Petropawlowsk in Kamtchatka/Russia was something special and new. Now I saw they skipped that. Wonder why.......:confused:

I am booked on this cruise and cant wait to board. Petropavalovsk was taken off the itinerary because of ''operational issues''. Aomori in Japan is the substitute port.

I am booked on this cruise and cant wait to board. Petropavalovsk was taken off the itinerary because of ''operational issues''. Aomori in Japan is the substitute port.
The Sun Princess with 1,600 Australian passengers was "detained" in Petropavalovsk last summer by the Russians and harrassed by the local authorities. Cruise lines don't need this kind of hassle. http://www.nntpnews.net/f4780/russian-authorities-hold-up-cruise-ship-passport-check-1872831/

The Sun Princess with 1,600 Australian passengers was "detained" in Petropavalovsk last summer by the Russians and harrassed by the local authorities. Cruise lines don't need this kind of hassle. http://www.nntpnews.net/f4780/russian-authorities-hold-up-cruise-ship-passport-check-1872831/

A similar occurance took place on Statendam, again with passports. The theory that my wife and I had was that the 'officials' wanted more time to feed up at the Lido, at every opportunity, and probably taking 'doggy' bags off the ship. We were detained for many hours also. As I recall our passports were held while we were off the ship, then returned, THEN the call went out to recheck all passports.

john

A similar occurance took place on Statendam, again with passports. The theory that my wife and I had was that the 'officials' wanted more time to feed up at the Lido, at every opportunity, and probably taking 'doggy' bags off the ship. We were detained for many hours also. As I recall our passports were held while we were off the ship, then returned, THEN the call went out to recheck all passports.

john

The tourism could have benefited the port... Aomori gets the benefit at least... We have friends who booked this and were excited about the Russian port, but it sounds like a waste of time...

:o:o:o

We really wanted to this this port fo the ATV volcano tour, not many other places where you get to ride an ATV up the side of a volcano for a couple of hours.

Aomori looks quite boring!!

Archived