Personalizer

jfv379

This has nothing to do with Princess but I'm guessing the HAL people already know about it.

I read all the time about about people checking their personalizer on Princess web site to see if they have been upgraded or assigned cabins.

My brother booked a HAL Panama Canal guarrantee cabin, through HAL, and I checked his profile as past passenger to see if he had been assigned a cabin. It showed no booked cruises.:eek:

I called HAL and was told that you can only view your booking online if you booked the cruise online. I thought this kind of strange, but they said that's the way it is set up. If you want to check to see if your cabin has been assigned you have to call them.:confused:

Just for information. Princess is way more convienent. Wonder what they do on other cruise lines?

I found that strange too, especially since most companies want you to do things on-line.

I was booked on a HAL cruise for this summer (having only sailed on Princess) and was truly amazed at how HAL's website was so much different and in my opinion, lacking compared to Princess. I've since cancelled the HAL cruise and am now doing an Alaska back to back for less than the 1 week I had scheduled on HAL. Guess I'm back where I belong!

This has nothing to do with Princess but I'm guessing the HAL people already know about it.

I read all the time about about people checking their personalizer on Princess web site to see if they have been upgraded or assigned cabins.

My brother booked a HAL Panama Canal guarrantee cabin, through HAL, and I checked his profile as past passenger to see if he had been assigned a cabin. It showed no booked cruises.:eek:

I called HAL and was told that you can only view your booking online if you booked the cruise online. I thought this kind of strange, but they said that's the way it is set up. If you want to check to see if your cabin has been assigned you have to call them.:confused:

Just for information. Princess is way more convienent. Wonder what they do on other cruise lines?

I wonder why the person at HAL stated this. It simply isn't true. Once you go in and do your online immigration form you can check that to see your cabin number. That said, HAL doesn't usually assign cabins until about 21 days before the cruise. I had one of mine assigned just 3 days before.

Archived