NASA Tour in Port Canaveral

cruisincorgi

I like doing it fthrough the excursion desk. The last one I did was called the VIP tour or something like that. Took us out to the runway where the shuttle lands and other places I haven't been before. Transportation is provided right from the ship and you get a good description of Kennedy from your tour guide on the way there. One place you want to make sure you spend some time at is the Saturn display. Quite impressive. Ironic this question came up now. I'm heading to Florida tomorrow and the next day there is a night launch of the shuttle. Speaking of impressive.

If you have an overnight to spend in Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral......

The Astronaut Training Experience is beyond wonderful. I mean, truly, wow. DH and DD10 did it in Nov. You get two days of simulations, you meet an astronaut, they feed you, they put you in a hotel, they give you a tour to places others don't get to go. DD got to experience simulated weightlessness, gyrosphere etc. etc. etc. There is one for adults and one for families.

She puts this right up there with swimming in a shark cage as the best experience of her young life. DH still raves.

Is it better to arrange the NASA space center tour on your own or do it through NCL's shore excursion dept? Thanks.

You'll get both answers to this question so it really depends on your likes and dislikes. A lot of people rent a car. I didn't want the hassle and took the NCL shore excursion even though we are typically independent tour people. We did not regret it at all - it was a great experience and totally stress free.

Archived