College girls, where should they go?

jblair

My daughter and 7 of her college friends are going to be on the 3/14 sailing of the Celebrity Century. Where do you suggest they go while in port? Shopping isn't really on their list, but they would like to go to a fun beach (party atmosphere) with adult beverages offered. ha. Thanks!

They can grab a cab to 7 mile beach. Check out http://www.reefgrill.com. They have webcams so you can see what it is like. Cab should be about $5/person and the beach is free unless they want to rent chairs and umbrellas. Drinks aren't cheap but they aren't cheap anywhere. They also have free restrooms and showers.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Hey Jean. Thanks for the reply. Is the Reef Grill at Sea Grape or the Royal Palms? We actually have gone to Sea Grape beach twice on past cruises. It was a nice spot with chairs and umbrellas, although I am sure they would never dream of getting an umbrella while on spring break. The restaurant they had was actually quite good and prices on par for the caribbean. I wondered if any new places had popped up since then, but it doesn't appear so.

I need to remind them of the looooooooooooong line to get the tender back to the ship. Always a pain, but well worth it. I only wish they had to have someone 25 or older with them in their cabin and then I would be packing too!

Thanks!

they would like to go to a fun beach (party atmosphere) with adult beverages offered.

I'd suggest Cozumel or Ocho Rios. :D Just kidding...

The closest they're going to get during a cruise ship stop is either Sea Grape or Royal Palms, and even then, drinks are standard prices (no deals) and there will be lots of families around and other visitors of all ages.

There might be more of a party atmosphere at one of the bars downtown, such as Margaritaville or the Hard Rock Cafe, but as I tend to avoid going downtown on cruise ship days I can't say for sure. :D

I'm not sure exactly what they're hoping for, but Cayman is a little more sedate and conservative than some of the other islands they may stop at. The nightlife at the bars along Seven Mile Beach is fantastic, but their ship will have left long before things start to get hopping...

Runner15km-Thanks for the suggestion. I googled it and it looks like that's the place for them to go! They showed many photos of the beach area with loads of chairs 'getting ready for the cruise crowd,' so it looks like a great place for them!

Bookbabe-Any suggestions for them in Ocho Rios? GC and OR are their only two ports, as it is a 5 night cruise.

Again, thanks!!!

Bookbabe-Any suggestions for them in Ocho Rios? GC and OR are their only two ports, as it is a 5 night cruise.

Sorry...not a clue. Your best bet would be to post the question in that forum, and see what the regulars suggest...

As for the "Colony Club" or Beach Club Colony (as I think that's what runner15km is probably referring to), it wouldn't be my personal first choice of where to go. I've stayed there during a land vacation some years back, and it was pretty rundown even then. The food was only so-so, and it was extremely packed on cruise ship days as it's one of the excursion stops. I didn't notice more of a "party atmosphere" than any of the other sections of Seven Mile Beach.

I much prefer the Reef Grill at Royal Palms. The food's better and I enjoy the atmosphere more. We tend to stop there for lunch at least once during each of our land trips to Cayman...our next visit to the Reef Grill will likely be on Monday! :D Really looking forward to it...conch fritters with jerk mayo...yum yum...

Runner15km-Thanks for the suggestion. I googled it and it looks like that's the place for them to go! They showed many photos of the beach area with loads of chairs 'getting ready for the cruise crowd,' so it looks like a great place for them!

Again, thanks!!!

Margaritaville at Ocho Rios is located just off of the Main pier. If they dock at the industrial pier is it a 1/4 mile walk to Margaritaville. There is also a small beach area there also. College kids love this place.

Walk off the main pier and Jimmy's place is to the right.http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1190834053059242420XsxceT

My Bar @ Sunset House .. no "beach" but on the Iron Shore with a pool and great snorkeling and the best bar/grill on the island

party on

I don't doubt they would have a great time, BUT how far is it and what does it cost to get there? They come into Ocho Rios, and I don't want it to be a hassel to get there.

Thanks.

I am confused because I think we started off talking about GC and somehow (maybe runner15km) mentioned something that had to do with OR. At any rate, I think they are going to go back to Sea Grape where we have gone several times. They had chairs AND umbrellas for rent, which I hope they will take advantage of. Thanks!

As far as OR goes, I think they will stay at the pier and go to Margaritaville.

Archived