Sharing my good find!

smoothdancer

We have always wanted to do a med cruise but the flight costs were just so high it was out of the ballpark for us. Then we heard on the news that Airfrance had a sale on flights to Barcalona Spain.... 300 round trip, wow!!

So we are now going to do a 7 day med cruise on the Gem in August.... If anyone has an interest in this cruise, look now!!

We have only been on older NCL ships so this is going to be a great treat for us.

On the Gem right now... So glad to hear you are having a wonderful time!!

We live in New England and the 300 flights leave from either Boston or NYC for this price, flying into Barcalona(SP) Spain. The August cruises are round trip from this location.... Very intersting to us as we would like a few pre cruise days in Spain...

This is a different kind of cruise, except for one sea day, port intensive. We have done these kind of cruises before and really it is a floating hotel, not a lay back cruise.It is go,go,go so you have to look at it that way. But with all the alternative resturants I thought that the GEM is just the perfect choice. Not to mention the cost of the cruise is great in itself..... Want to join us!!

smoothdancer, excellent tip! Thanks for sharing it :cool:.

I'm looking on the website but what I'm seeing is that "Fares are valid for departures through May 15, 2009.

Is there another area to look at for departures beyond that date?

smoothdancer, excellent tip! Thanks for sharing it :cool:.

I'm looking on the website but what I'm seeing is that "Fares are valid for departures through May 15, 2009.

Is there another area to look at for departures beyond that date?

That's all I saw, too.

We have always wanted to do a med cruise but the flight costs were just so high it was out of the ballpark for us. Then we heard on the news that Airfrance had a sale on flights to Barcalona Spain.... 300 round trip, wow!!

So we are now going to do a 7 day med cruise on the Gem in August.... If anyone has an interest in this cruise, look now!!

We have only been on older NCL ships so this is going to be a great treat for us.

Thanks Smoothdancer!!! We were in the same situation but if it is that cheap.....

I didn't see anythin on Air France but there is a $200 fare on Swiss from Boston and JFK but then you have to add the phenomenal amount of taxes which brings it up to $528 and this is for midweek travel. The next hurdle will be finding seats available:eek:, but the fare does exist.

Archived