Photos of Seattle's Pier 91 Location

hawgwildterry

Terry, great pictures! Hopefully some of the Vancouver posters who say there is nothing to see sailing out of Seattle take a look at these :D

Terminal 91 is definitely going to be an interesting setup. Hopefully they get the logistics figured out early in the season and things go smoothly from there.

There are some pretty good current pictures of Terminal 91 and the surrounding area in the Street View feature of Google Earth. Gives an idea of the logistical challenges.

Looks like Seattle has added another ship for 2010 (at Teminal 91 I assume). Will be Nice to have the Spirit in town on Tuesdays next season.

Terry: Thanks for the information. I reserved a space....Now, I just have to pay for the cruise and we're all set.

Glad that you got your parking space reserved. Yes, I know what you mean about paying for your cruise....I am not looking forward to the bill for the Ruby.

Our son in-law is a 1st Engineer on one of the fishing vessels located at Pier 90. He just shook his head when I told him that Pier 91 was going to be the new cruise terminal for the next 10 years.

I firmly believe that between Carnival Corporation, Royal Caribbean and the Port of Seattle they have a workable plan. The last thing they are going to want is problems the first year of operations that will taint future cruisers.

We live in Tacoma, 30 miles South of Seattle. I don’t know for the life of me why the Port of Seattle moved Princess down to Pier 91 from Pier 30. But I guess the Port of Seattle needs Pier 30 for there container traffic. Getting to Pier 30 was a snap from Sea-Tac Airport or Downtown. I think getting to Pier 91 I going to be a bitch on a good day. Traffic in Seattle is absolutely the worse. We only go to Seattle when we absolutely have to. We’ll take a special trip to Seattle to check out the Pier 91 area and report back.

We live in Tacoma, 30 miles South of Seattle. I don’t know for the life of me why the Port of Seattle moved Princess down to Pier 91 from Pier 30. But I guess the Port of Seattle needs Pier 30 for there container traffic. Getting to Pier 30 was a snap from Sea-Tac Airport or Downtown. I think getting to Pier 91 I going to be a bitch on a good day. Traffic in Seattle is absolutely the worse. We only go to Seattle when we absolutely have to. We’ll take a special trip to Seattle to check out the Pier 91 area and report back.

You are correct about the difficulty of getting to Pier 91. There really is no quick and easy way to do it and I would agree with your reasoning for the move. The Port of Seattle needs Pier 30 for it's cargo/container handling capability.

Archived