Transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale on RCCL Independence on 4/12/09

Pumpkin619

My husband and I are booked on a transatlantic cruise on the Independence of the Seas on 4/12/09. Leaves from Fort Lauderdale and arrives in Southampton, England on 4/25/09. Just wondered if anyone else is going on this cruise and what the weather is like crossing the Atlantic. Any suggestions for our 3 ports of call - Ponta Delgada, Azores; Madeira, Portugal and Cadiz, Spain?

Thank you for any help you can give me. Beth

Did this cruise the other way last year. Weather is so unpredictable, but it was all good on ours.

The only recommendation I have is for Maderia - take a tour that takes you up the gondola to Monte (above Funchal) and then ride back down on the wooden sleds - a blast! Also, these tours will usually take you for the Maderia wine tasting.

My husband and I are booked on a transatlantic cruise on the Independence of the Seas on 4/12/09. Leaves from Fort Lauderdale and arrives in Southampton, England on 4/25/09. Just wondered if anyone else is going on this cruise and what the weather is like crossing the Atlantic. Any suggestions for our 3 ports of call - Ponta Delgada, Azores; Madeira, Portugal and Cadiz, Spain?

We have a very active rollcall going for this cruise. You can get loads of information about the cruise activities, hotels, transfers etc. over there. Please come over and join us. You will get a warm welcome for sure.

We LOVED Cadiz. It is very walkable, authentic and has great beaches. I would far and away rather spend a day in port here than take the long transfers out to Seville. It is so much more relaxing to get some tapas, walk the coastal gardens and discover the back streets of this city on your own.

Here's a link to a post I did on my travel blog regarding Cadiz. It has photos and our full story.

http://happyalaskan.blogspot.com/2009/02/cadiz-spain-worth-week.html

Have a great time in Spain!

Happy Alaskan

I will second Sandancer's comment, Beth. The Roll Call for this cruise is very large, happy and well organized. Scroll through some of the posts and you will see links to our own "Transatlantic Fanatics" website embedded in one of our group's organizer's signatures. A minor correction though; Indy is stopping in Vigo, not Cadiz.

You can find the Roll Call thread here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=18615322&posted=1#post18615322

Happy Cruising,

Alan

Archived