Bathing Suit Coverups

JMUMOM

This is my first cruise on the Crown Princess (I am mid 50s) and was wondering what kind of coverups do women wear over their suits? I saw a few long halter like dresses in Old Navy and was wondering if that would be too hot for the Eastern Carib. I also have a short sundress coverup and can that be worn to breakfast if you have your suit on underneath?

Thanks for all your help ladies. If you have any hints as to where to purchase any cute coverups, please share.

I have a pareo (black chiffon that can double as an evening wrap), a wrap skirt, and a t-shirt dress that I use as coverups. :) I have worn all three of these to breakfast. I have seen some cute coverups at Target for really reasonable prices. I got my pareo in an onboard shop several years ago for $15.00.

I have a pull over sleeveless cotton coverup dress and also a terry cloth zip up sweater/jacket/top, whaterver you want to call it. It has a hood.

Depends on my suit which one I will wear.

What you are describing sounds fine. Just about anything to cover up will in the public areas works fine.

I'm in my mid-50's as well and surprisingly found some very comfortable sundresses, halter dresses, cover-up things at Victoria's Secret which I always thought of as a store for my college aged girls. I bought them online, they have good sales and usually free shipping. :)

I'm in my 60's and though I sometimes use a 'regular' cover-up, I more often put on some kind of sun dress (the one you are talking about from Old Navy sounds perfect), a polo shirt dress I have, or a tee shirt and running shorts. I have a pareo too, but I don't usually wear it in the buffet area.

Another vote for Victoria's Secret. I just ordered a few of the smocked tube-top style terry coverups and they fit great! Very relaxed fit with a cute ruffle hem at the bottom. Look like a sun dress. But if you don't like that style they have tons of options. I order all kinds of clothes from their site. And very easy returns. :)

I have a dress-style as well. It looks like a sleeveless wrap dress, even though it doesn't open. You just step into it and tie it in back. It's an extremely comfortable, and flattering, very soft cotton - knee length. Got it at Target last year.

I also have a tube-top dress that is black and then has a band/ruffle of yellow and sea blue on the bottom. I purchased it at T J Max/Marshals. They are just now getting their swimwear in stock in my area (Midwest). Also JCPenney had a nice selection at my store. I have an over-sized button-front, gauzy-type shirtdress that I wear, but I doubt I would wear it into the buffet...I personally would feel too undressed(?)

This is my first cruise on the Crown Princess (I am mid 50s) and was wondering what kind of coverups do women wear over their suits? I saw a few long halter like dresses in Old Navy and was wondering if that would be too hot for the Eastern Carib. I also have a short sundress coverup and can that be worn to breakfast if you have your suit on underneath?

Thanks for all your help ladies. If you have any hints as to where to purchase any cute coverups, please share.

Target has some cute ones. Pareos are nice as coverups, as are knee-length board shorts.

Archived