Western Caribbean - 7 Mile Beach in Gr Caymen or PB in Cozumel?

ncLindaB

Dh and our 5 kids (3 grown, 2 young teens) will be on the VIctory 12/19. We have Jamaica covered with a tour guide. I am trying to decide what to do in the other 2 ports - Grand Caymen and Cozumel. I know that we want to enjoy a day at a beautiful Caribbean beach.

I have found Paradise Beach oin Cozumel and 7 Mile Beach in Grand Caymen. Which do you suggest?

Any suggesations other than beach days at either port?

Thanks as always,

Linda

My vote would go for Chankannab in Cozumel. We have been there about six times now and each time has been great.

It offers a great place to relax in the sun, snorkeling - some of the best I have ever experienced, and beachside bar service if you would like. There are also a couple of places to order food too. There are showers and lockers and the restrooms are very clean too.

Have a great trip whatever you decide.

Diane

I have been to both places and must say Grand Cayman is very expensive. Last time there, we got a cab & did beach tour on our own and returned to town center for a few minutes of shopping before reboarding the ship.

Recently visited Paradise Beach on last cruise and now my favorite place in Coz. Shopping & other activities are less expensive in Coz. Much more to do there & afforadable too.

Enjoy your cruise.

On our Inspiration cruise last April we swam with the stingrays in Cayman with Captain Bryan (only about 15 people on our catamaran) and then Paradise Beach in Coz. The stingray excursion in Cayman was our kids favorite thing about the cruise.

Since you can do the nativeway swim with the Stingrays for about $20 each, you should do the beach in Cozumel...take a $10 taxi to Mr. Sanchoz...free entrance, 5/6 gifts shops,Beach bar/restaurant,pool,public washrooms...and pay if you wish cayac's horseback riding etc.... my family of 6..ate drank shopped and relaxed on the beach for about $50 total...

rjsfq@hotmail.com

bob&france

I have been to both Paradise Beach and the excursion Passion Island Adventure. Passion Island Adventure is pricey but the beach is spectacular however the stay is so short and there is much more travel time. Paradise Beach is a short distance and is more affordable with a nice beach. I will opt for either in the future. I tend to do the beach day and have found both of these great options for Cozumel.

Joan

Sail on ..............

In the Grand Caymans, do the stingray excursion if you haven't done it. The stingrays are as gentle as kittens and super soft. We did ours with www.sotoscruises.com for only $24 per person and it was the best excursion we've ever had so far. They have 2 other fantastic snorkel stops looking at the barrier reef and live black coral before the stingray stop.;)

At Cozumel, I've been to both Chankanab and Paradise Beach. Chankanab is definitely the choice if you're looking to snorkel. Just about the entire beach has steps leading down into deep water with good snorkeling. But if you're looking for a more "normal" beach where you can just walk right into the water, Paradise beach is the better choice. Chankanab does have a small beach where you can walk right into the water, but it's small and pretty crowded with families and young children. So I would say if you're looking for good snorkeling, go to Chankanab. But if you're looking for a nice "normal" beach that's quiet, laid back, and pretty, go to Paradise beach. Just be aware that Chankanab costs $12 per person to enter, but entry into Paradise beach is free. For an additional $5 per person you can use all of Paradise beaches water toys. This includes snorkel gear, kayaks, the water trampoline, and the floating iceberg ( you climb to the top and then slide off into the water.) Your kids would probably have a blast on the water toys!:)

Both Paradise and Chankanab have good restaurants, bathrooms, fresh water showers, and lounge chairs and umbrellas. The choice here would depend on whether you're looking to snorkel or play around on a nice beach with a few water toys.

Archived