Anyone been offered an upgrade and didnt book directly with Carnival?

beach410

If your question is about upsells, which are mostly to suites, I have not seen any who booked thru a TA post they got a call for a upsell, because CCL wouldnt be calling them directly, they would have to go thru the TA.

One reason I booked this last time directly thru Carnival.

I have asked this question regarding upsell calls here myself and gotten no answer either. So, since not one person posted they booked thru a TA, makes me think CCL is only calling those who booked direct.

Are all these upgrade calls Carival is making only extended to those who booked directly with Carnival or have you received a call from Carnival even though you booked with a TA?

Last year my friends and I got upgraded from an 8C to a mini suite. We booked through AAA Travel. Not sure why they upgraded us, but it was nice.:D

3 years ago on the Imagination we booked an inside cabin and when we boarded had an oceanview cabin. Booked through an online travel agent. Was my 7th Carnival cruise. TA didn't tell us, we just showed up and had a room with a window. On all the other cruises no upgrades, always hoped but never got one.

Booked through Carnival this last cruise, with the price drop was able to move from inside cabin to an oceanview. I called my Carnival Rep, was told I could have $230 refund or upgrade to an oceanview. I picked the upgrade.

Yea I booked with a TA and went from a inside 4B to 4F/5A. Not a big deal but for the price I'd say its worth it!

This doesnt sound like a upsell call to me though, are you sure this is what the OP is asking about? Just curious as I have not hear of any upsells like this.

Usually they are to much higher categories, like $200 pp to move to a suite, some DISCOUNTED price, not just that a price dropped or Carnival is offering a free upgrade.

OP, Id like to know too, if I can move my booking to a TA or if that would knock out any chance for a upsell call.

If I read the post right My group was up graded when we traveled on the Valor. We had paid thru AAA for a Cat 11 and all of us had paid our cruise off before the due date, and Carnival alerted AAA that we had been upgraded to a Cat 12. We have always used AAA for our Cruises, In my suite I had Chocolate-covered strawberries, a photo coupon, and a little stuffed thingy because everyone was traveling under my booking number. Once again everyone is traveling under my Booking number, but we are all past guests. I beleive that once again if we pay our cruise off early we will be up-graded to a Cat 12 as we have booked another Cat 11. :cool:

Couple of years ago we booked a 4A for 4 of us, and thankfully we were upgraded to an obstucted view with the french doors. The room configuration is nicer, with couch, and the light made it seem bigger. And with 4 of us in there, it was a very welcome upgrade.

Now this was a long time ago we booked thu TA and went from an ocean view to a suite, this was back when they were doing upgrades not upsells they gave us and the couple that was traveling with us both suites, we were on the mardi gras ship years ago! you never know!

• 2 weeks later...

Are upgrades just something people get because they are lucky, or should you pay off your cruise early like "junior 1" did for a better chance, or be one of the first to book, or what?

Whadda think? I would love a penthouse suite!! :D

Thanks for posting this question. I've been wondering about this for a while. I am booked with a group in 8A in November on the Miracle last July. I've driven the TA crazy with other questions and haven't had the oppurtunity to ask if we would be upgraded. Any thoughts. Upon checking the reservations, it appears TBA

Archived