~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

How exciting to see this board! My quit(haha) story is as follows:

I started WW in April of 2005 by the end of that year I had lost about 30 lbs. I had finally reached a modified goal wieht in Aug of 2007! Took me all that time to loose 35lbs! With that I figured that I had this maintaince thing figured out, as all the time between 2005 and 2007 I hovered 5-8 lbs away from goal. Then I hit goal, and LIFETIME woohoo.....THEN I decided to take a "break" and I am sure that you all know the rest! So here I am taking a cruise to Alaska in Aug. Now I know it is not the typical, lounge poolside cruise, but none the less I want to be as close to goal as possible! So here I am! Thanks for letting me join!

SW 178

CW 171

GW-WAS AND WILL BE 143!;)

Welcome back!!! Hopefully it will be easier this time since you already know what works for your body.

Weigh in was today. I lost 0.2. /sigh I was really hoping for more. I was very good on Easter and ate very light at the family thin, eating my healthy meals before and after. Oh well, its a new week. Gonna work super hard at tracking this week.

SW 268.4

CW 261

GW 160

How exciting to see this board! My quit(haha) story is as follows:

I started WW in April of 2005 by the end of that year I had lost about 30 lbs. I had finally reached a modified goal wieht in Aug of 2007! Took me all that time to loose 35lbs! With that I figured that I had this maintaince thing figured out, as all the time between 2005 and 2007 I hovered 5-8 lbs away from goal. Then I hit goal, and LIFETIME woohoo.....THEN I decided to take a "break" and I am sure that you all know the rest! So here I am taking a cruise to Alaska in Aug. Now I know it is not the typical, lounge poolside cruise, but none the less I want to be as close to goal as possible! So here I am! Thanks for letting me join!

smeanie -- welcome to our WW thread!!

You will love Alaska, the scenery is just breathtaking! Which ship are you on?

Even though you won't be lounging in a bathing suit, depending on the excursions you choose it can be a very active cruise so you'll be glad you lost those extra pounds.

Lisa

Last weigh in today before i leave for my cruise on Tuesday, 21st. I lost another 1.5lb. Jane

Great loss Jane!! Have a wonderful cruise and please come back and tell us all about it when you return.

Lisa

Weigh in was today. I lost 0.2. /sigh I was really hoping for more. I was very good on Easter and ate very light at the family thin, eating my healthy meals before and after. Oh well, its a new week. Gonna work super hard at tracking this week.

0.2 lbs still gets you closer to your goal! It sounds like you have a great attitude which is a huge part of this journey. :) My scale only measures in half pound increments...maybe I need to look into getting a new scale.

Lisa

Well, my weight stayed constant this week. I have been sick with a cold followed by a stomach bug and haven't worked out since last Thursday. I think I'm finally well again so I'm gonna try to work out after work today and see how I feel. I did indulge in some Easter candy :o I'm not a big chocolate fan but I love gummy bears, sour patch kids, that kind of thing. So guess what showed up in my kids' baskets? ;)

SW: 168.0

CW: 149.5

GW: 145.0

Hey Lisa at least you didn't gain!!! I'm catching up to you!!! My goal is five pounds less than you though. I still have a ways to go, but at least I am not as discouraged as I was before...I love being out of my size 14's and into size 10's... Every morning when I get dressed I do the happy dance!! I am such a candy freak..but what I have noticed, is that the less I have, the less I miss it!! I hope it continues. At Easter, I had a slice of coconut cake, I ate the icing, but not the cake, figured I'd save the points,and I was quite satisfied! I'm beginning to train myself!!

Judi

Hey Lisa at least you didn't gain!!! I'm catching up to you!!! My goal is five pounds less than you though. I still have a ways to go, but at least I am not as discouraged as I was before...I love being out of my size 14's and into size 10's...

I know, you're hot on my trail, I gotta get back onto that treadmill! ;)

I'm actually still in my size 12's (bottoms.) They're loose but 10's don't fit yet. Once I can wear 10's I'll need to buy all new pants and shorts because I don't have any 10's from this decade!

Lisa

Lisa, it wasn't till this past Saturday that I could fit into my size 10's. Up until then they wouldn't button cuz of my tummy!!! Then, those last two pounds must have done it and they button!! I can't believe my stomach is leaving me...that is the most exciting thing to happen to me since childbirth and that wasn't all that exciting cuz that's where I got this tummy from!! Well, that was 23 years ago and now it's stuff like this that thrills me!! At 61 I take my thrills when and where I get them!!! Buying new pants is not the worse thing that could happen, so I'm rootin for ya!!

Judi

You all are doing so well!! Even small losses are good.

I know when I was having small losses, I was slightly disappointed, but, I just came back from weigh-in and I would give a lot for a small loss.

I'm back up the 2.6 I was down last week (which, I thought the loss was a bit of a fluke, anyway). But as ecstatic as I was then, I'm equally depressed now.

So sad, and the lack of sleep from this being tax-deadline week isn't helping. And of course, that's the source of it -- on the bright side, I know exactly why I gained (it's not one of those unexplainable plateaus, which are extremely hard to deal with). Late, late nights, which lead to snacking (to stay awake), zero exercise, and not enough sleep or self care.

This week I will be better, but at the moment, I'm completely demoralized and I just want to curl up and cry.

My best to all of you!!

SW: 246.2

CW: 228.6

MiniGoal: 221.5 by 4/30 (7 lbs in 2 weeks???) :eek:

GW: 154

This week I will be better, but at the moment, I'm completely demoralized and I just want to curl up and cry.

My best to all of you!!

SW: 246.2

CW: 228.6

MiniGoal: 221.5 by 4/30 (7 lbs in 2 weeks???) :eek:

GW: 154

I feel your pain. My third week on WW I gained a pound. I was devastated. I didn't cheat and I track everything that goes in my mouth. I was so annoyed at myself for the rest of the night. The following week I only lost 1.2. I lost but still expected more.

Just think tax season is over.

We didn't put the weight on overnight and its going to take a while to get it off. I'm in it for the long run this time. I would like to to be able to hike in Alaska and go up the stairs at work without huffing.

We can all help each other.

Denise

SW 221

CW 205

mini goal 10% 199.6

GW 149

Joining you guys today. I cruise in 12 wks. A bit of background:

At my highest weight I was 204 (I am 5'4"). Former cheerleader/gymnast.

At my WW goal (145), I was running marathons---completed 3 in 2 years!

I was a WW leader for 12 years, and kept my weight in check. I retired 3 years ago from teaching HS English and became a Realtor. I was soooo busy, I quit leading meetings (I was doing 5 a week), and was a very good motivational leader. That was a BIG mistake!

I have gained a lot of wt. back, but I am now working toward getting back to goal. I want to go back to leading meetings since the real estate market has slowed down significantly.

I look forward the accountability of this thread. Thanks everyone.

Highest Wt.-204

CW-181

Goal Wt-145

Welcome to dcrobin. You will find lots of motivation and good advice on this thread.

Got weighed today, lost another 1.8 for a total of 35.2.

We are leaving now to go to the airport to leave for our cruise!

Talk to everyone in a couple of weeks.

Susan

SW 264

CW 228.8

Hip hip hooray, tax season is over!! :p

So you were down last week and then up by the same amount this week? Meaning that during the two most stressful weeks of the year your weight effectively remained flat even with the snacking and lack of exercise? That's awesome, you should be pleased, not demoralized!! Once you start exercising again and eating on plan you are going to do GREAT and that weight will come off!!

Hugs,

Lisa

Joining you guys today. I cruise in 12 wks.

Welcome, dcrobin! Wow, 12 years as a WW leader, I'm sure you'll have lots of good insight for those of us new to WW. Glad you are joining our thread!! Where are you cruising to?

Lisa

Buying new pants is not the worse thing that could happen, so I'm rootin for ya!!

Judi

Thanks, Judi! I found a pair of 10's today in my closet and tried them on for grins. I could button them but the tummy and butt areas were too tight to actually wear outside the house.

So I really think my stomach has shrunk from being on WW. We had a birthday lunch at work yesterday and went to an Indian buffet restaurant. I had two plates (I know, I should have stopped after one) and I was soooo uncomfortable the rest of the day. My stomach was seriously in pain. I mentioned that to the people I was with and they looked at me like I was crazy. I couldn't eat again until a small snack at 9pm. I used to really be able to put away the food so it must be that my stomach has shrunk! I'm never doing that again. Learned my lesson :)

Lisa

LisaDee:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

It is great to find a support system for those of us who love to cruise, but want to lose weight, too.

I am cruising to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan from Miami on Carnival Valor.

And, yes, I will be happy to share any WW wisdom that I can.

Well, tomorrow is the last weigh in before the cruise. I hope to be steady at goal so I can enjoy some treats on the ship. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Today's weight in went well. Still at goal and looking forward leaving next week. I found out about the Walk-it challenge at the meeting and am going to sign up. Is anyone else joining the challenge?

I don't know anything about the Challenge. What is it? I had my meeting Wed and nothing was said. Congratulations and have a great cruise..Raise a glass of Water to those you are leaving behind!! Wish I was there!!

Judi:cool:

Archived