16 is actually quite logical.

1+1=2

2+2=4

4+4=8

8+8=16

16+16=32

32+32=64

64+64=128

and so on. It's very similar to the measuring of information storage in our computers (bits and bytes). ;)

Stones are actually no longer an "official" measurement in the UK as they use the metric system (so "kilograms" would be the official weight unit), but it is still the commonly used term for body weight. Like you said...change does not come easy! :p

Good point, happysinglemom!

Though, I still think it's funny that anyone used to (and presumably ok with) imperial measures would find it odd that there are 14 lbs. to a stone. We still use 12 inches to a foot, for instance. :D

My name is Carmen. Just found this thread. I've been on this website since before my last cruise. Its awesome. I started WW at work program a week and a half ago. I'm hoping to look awesome for our cruise next year. I look forward to all the help and support on here.

SW 268.4

CW 262.8

GW 160

I'm 5'9 and have always been a larger build. My goal is to wear a size 12 next Jan on my 30th birthday cruise!

Good evening to all. I weighed in today because I have to work tomorrow, (my usual weigh in day), and I lost another 2.8 pounds! So my total is 30.6 pounds in 10 weeks.

Then we took my Mom out for dinner tonight for her birthday, and I did have a dessert!

Two weeks til my cruise.

~Susan

SW 264

CW 233.4

:D All I can say is WOW. Well done over 3lbs a week. Wonderful Susan

My name is Carmen. Just found this thread. I've been on this website since before my last cruise. Its awesome. I started WW at work program a week and a half ago. I'm hoping to look awesome for our cruise next year. I look forward to all the help and support on here.

SW 268.4

CW 262.8

GW 160

I'm 5'9 and have always been a larger build. My goal is to wear a size 12 next Jan on my 30th birthday cruise!

:D Welcome to this great thread. You're doing great so far and what with the support you'll get at meetings and here from all the other wonderful "losers" you'll be awesome for that cruise :)

SW 268.4

CW 262.8

GW 160

Welcome Carmen! I have friends doing the at work program and are having some great results!! It's nice to have that extra support! (There and here!)

But my biggest complaint about paper filing is you took the time to accurately input those numbers into your computer program, and then when the paper return gets to the filing center someone opens the mail, separates all the schedules (and payment, if applicable), sends them all to different input departments :eek:, and then data entry personnel have to re-enter (accurately? not always) that same data you already entered...

I never thought about that! Maybe we'll try e-file this year, I'll let ya know :)

Lisa

I'm in corporate accounting and don't do any taxes but our own :) A zillion years ago I worked for a CPA firm in the tax department but after two years I escaped to the relative quiet of corporate life. We have busy times during the month (today!) but nothing as crazy as when I was at the CPA firm and had to work 80 hours per week in March and April. :eek:

I'm very web-proficient and love technology but something about e-filing makes me nervous. I want a paper trail for my taxes. Weird, I know :o

Lisa

You HAVE a paper trail. You keep a copy of every single form that is filed. You can either store them digitally on your own hard drive, or you can print them out. I've been e-filing for at least 7 years...it's SO much more accurate and SO much faster!!!

SW 268.4

CW 262.8

GW 160

welcome carmen!!!

Hi, I just re-joined WW for the third or fourth time since 2000! Ever since I got a desk job, it is so hard to keep the weight down. I am 30yo and 5'4", divorced with an 11yo daughter. Here's my current stats:

SW 170.4

CW 164.6

GW 145 or lower

Thank you for all of your inspirational comments! We need to keep encouraging each other! I am going on Majesty of the Seas with my daughter on 4/20/09, I know I can exercise in the morning but will be hard not to indulge with the drinks!:rolleyes:

Welcome to Carmen, Diane and gslice. I have only been on this thread a couple of weeks but everyone is so encouraging to each other I'm sure you will love being with us.

Diane, I bought a points calculator and use it all the time. If you let me know how many calories, grams of fat and fiber in V8 juice I can let you know how many points it is.

I have bought a few of the 100 calorie snacks to take with me on the cruise next week, hoping that will keep me satisified instead of eating high calorie foods at night. Also, someone mentioned buying individual low fat

salad dressings and taking them with them. i haven't been able to find any here so i think I will buy a bottle and put it in my checked luggage and then take a small bottle and put dressing in it and take it to dinner each night with me. Does that sound too tacky? I have worked too ahrd to lose the weight, and even though I am not going to spend the whole week not eating, I would like to be careful when I can.

Everyone keep up the good work!

~Susan

SW 264

CW 233.4

Welcome to Carmen, Diane and gslice. I have only been on this thread a couple of weeks but everyone is so encouraging to each other I'm sure you will love being with us.

Diane, I bought a points calculator and use it all the time. If you let me know how many calories, grams of fat and fiber in V8 juice I can let you know how many points it is.

I have bought a few of the 100 calorie snacks to take with me on the cruise next week, hoping that will keep me satisified instead of eating high calorie foods at night. Also, someone mentioned buying individual low fat

salad dressings and taking them with them. i haven't been able to find any here so i think I will buy a bottle and put it in my checked luggage and then take a small bottle and put dressing in it and take it to dinner each night with me. Does that sound too tacky? I have worked too ahrd to lose the weight, and even though I am not going to spend the whole week not eating, I would like to be careful when I can.

Everyone keep up the good work!

~Susan

SW 264

CW 233.4

Susan

There is 70 calories 0 fat 3 fiber in the V8 juice cans I have.

Have you checked supermarket salad bars where you live for the low fat salad dressing packets? Where I live the supermarkets that have a salad bar also have the dressing packets.

Thanks alot

Diane

Welcome Diane and gslice, the more the merrier!!

....I know I can exercise in the morning but will be hard not to indulge with the drinks!:rolleyes:

Yep, that's my problem too. And then after a couple drinks I stop worrying about the calories in what I'm eating. :o

But I know with the lifestyle changes I've made since joining WW I will eat much better than I would have before WW. If I can just walk each morning for 40 minutes and then eat a healthy breakfast I will be miles ahead of our last cruise.

Lisa

Also, someone mentioned buying individual low fat salad dressings and taking them with them.

These are great. I get the Kraft light ones (2 TB of dressing for 1 point) and keep them in my desk at work to put on the salad I buy at our cafeteria's salad bar. I don't think I'll take them on our cruise but they're a great product.

Lisa

Along with doing WW exercise and counting my points I am eating Clean. It makes sense. It is amazing, you simply eat foods in the most natural state. NO preservatives, no sugar, no white pasta, no white flour, no white rice...let me know if you have any questions about it. you can search Clean Eating or Tosca Reno online for more information.

SW 176 CW 150, GW 130ish

Weekly weigh in was last night. I lost 1.2 which is fine with me. I thought I was going to stay the same.

I have to get started exercising but just can't seem to get to the gym. I'm hoping that once the weather breaks I will get outside to walk. The dog could stand to lose some winter weight.:D

What does everyone do for exercise and motivation?

Thanks

Denise

SW 221

CW 205

GW 146

salad dressings and taking them with them.

~Susan

I like that idea of bringing 100 snacks. My next plane ride is 13 hours so they will come in handy. Just remember each bag is at least 2 points.

Don't the cruise lines have a no/low fat dressing? I'm sure if you ask they have some. You can also ask to have the dressing on the side.

Denise

I like that idea of bringing 100 snacks. My next plane ride is 13 hours so they will come in handy. Just remember each bag is at least 2 points.

Don't the cruise lines have a no/low fat dressing? I'm sure if you ask they have some. You can also ask to have the dressing on the side.

Denise

They do have low calorie dressings on the cruise, you just have to monitor what is a true serving. They will also make a simple oil and vinegar or lemon dressing if you ask.

I would love to join this thread. I've been on WW for a while now and have lost interest and motivation. I need to lose around 50 lbs but I would be satisfied with 25 - 30 lbs at this point. I keep telling myself that 25 lbs is not really a lot of weight to lose and to look at all of the people who have lost way more than that.

NOTHING seems to motivate me. It scares me because sometimes I think I might just give up all together and that's not acceptable. I think I'm just in a really bad funk and can't get out. Any words of wisdom.

I forget to mention that I find the meetings to be useless. Everything they teach is common sense not rocket science. Sometimes I wish they would get more into the psychological aspects of why we eat not what we eat.

Sorry, just very frustrated and disappointed in myself.

Last night was my first water aerobics class. Boy did I get a shock! I hate exercise and have a problem hip so I thought this would be a very easy class, WRONG! She worked us from the time we hit the pool until we got out, 1hr15min. It was an effort to walk to the locker room, get dressed, then go to the car. If it wouldn't have been so cold I would have gone home in my wet suit!LOL What I really found shocking was how heavy my body felt when I got out of the pool. I wasn't the only one who noticed this feeling, several ladies were saying the same thing. I will say that I am not sore today, slept better than I have in a long time and woke up with more energy than usual. My next class is tomorrow night.

To night I go to my "Biggest Loser" group at church and get my weekly weigh-in. This group started on 3/11 and as of 4/1 I have lost 6.2#. Hope tonight is a good weight loss. I want to lose another 30 to 35#'s be fore my Nov. Cruise and I figure if I avg. 1 to 2#'s a week I'll succeed.

I decided to join the Biggest Loser Group at church and work the WW's program on my own . The BL group is $25.00 for 7 weeks. 7 weeks at WW's would cost me 84.00. I know what I have to do to lose the weight it is the accountability of weighing in each week and someone besides me seeing the scale. I guess I am going to keep signing up for each 7 week session until I lose my weight.

Archived