Are you a smoker?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tinkerme1:

Just for your info, if you're a pipe smoker, you still smoke the same stuff! Pipe tobacco is just as bad for you as cigarettes. An informed smoker is a non-smoker!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to disagree with your quote. Pipe tobacco is not the same. Do you know all of the chemicals that they put into cigs!!! I saw a list a long time ago, it's unbelievable.

Pipe tobacco is only tobacco, except for flavored tobaccos which I don't smoke. I rarely if ever inhale. Cigs are addicting due to the stuff that is in them. I smoke my pipes when I want to, not because I need to. It's a different experience.

I've seen several tobacco reports. Did you know that on the average Pipe smokers live longer than non-smokers? I'm a very informed smoker, thanks to the WWW.

AJ

I smoke about a pack a day. More if I'm working (stress relief) or drinking, less if I'm at home. UNLESS, I'm on the computer!

Celebration 9/13/03--NBA Bachelorette Cruise--AWESOME!!

Next cruise? NOT SOON ENOUGH!!

Yes === I am a smoker --- and I resent all the remarks on this board as being referred to as being dirty - nasty --- filthy - and considered as a second rate citizen ---- I stay in my limited space --- and would appreciate it if all of you NON SMOKERS would show respect and stay in your space ---- unfortunately we are very limited on the space allocated to us -and believe it or not --- we do have rights --- we pay a great deal for our cruises -- and should not have to bear the insults from the rude NON-SMOKERS --- it is interesting that there are so many ready to condem us smokers --- perhaps some of the efforts should be applied to other important issues --- and there are many of them out there --- also --- I would like to mention the taxes that we pay for our pleasure ---- although ---we may be smokers --- I would prefer to be considered as a smoker and not an alcoholic that causes drunken driving -- abuse - high rate of social problem --- and before I sign off --- I AM SURE THAT ALL OF YOU NON SMOKERS ---- WILL ONCE AGAIN SHOW YOUR ARROGANCE AND TRASH THIS RESPONSE --- DON'T BOTHER AS I WILL ONLY TAKE IT AS THE SOURCE FROM WHICH IT COMES

Cruiehappy,

I would think that all negative remarks about smoking that were made here (nasty, gross, etc) were probably made about the smoking HABIT, not the smokers themselves.

It's your right to smoke, it's your right to get lung cancer and emphysema.......but I think most non-smokers would agree, keep the smoke to yourself. We choose not to smoke and don't want to have to inhale your second-hand smoke.

(26 prior cruises & 2 flights on Concorde)

It has been said that angels, while on Earth,

aren't allowed to show their wings,

but nothing was ever said

about not showing their whiskers. <^..^>

Now if all of you would do me the courtesy or re-reading the original post, you will see that I asked you to repond only with a Yes, NO, or QUIT. Comments were not requested. I am trying to get a handle on how many are smokers or non-smokers, nothing more. The nasty comments have no place here. icon_mad.gif

Beth

I was surprised to see the poll results when I voted were 41% Yes, 41% No, and 18% I quit.

I'm one of the I Quit.

JDMaillet- Don't give in to the urge. I quit smoking in 1984 and I still find myself wanting to reach for a cigarette if I see one burning in an ashtray. At the time I quit I figured that if I could go one week without a cigarette than I was strong enough to go a lifetime and it has now been 20 years. I had decided that I would quit because cigarettes had gotten to the outrageous price of $9.50 per carton and there was no way I was going to pay $10.00 icon_smile.gif I did wait until I had a bad spring cold to quit because I already knew I wouldn't enjoy the smoke as much. I'm very glad I quit and I plan to never go back.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;04;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

'Til my next cruise

nosnobunny - People just can't resist the urge to state their opinions. I will refrain from comment, however I will add this link:

Warning... Very graphic! Please enlarge so you can read the writing. Enough said!

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/smokersbody.jpg

BADBUOY - What are "Popeye" ciggies?

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

celtic,

thanks for pointing that out. I'm not quite sure if I feel better now that I know I'm not addicted to tobacco but rather candy.

Do you think it would still be ok if I continued to roll them up in my shirt sleeve like a real pack of smokes?

Bud

Carnival Glory December 2004

Archived