Some Questions About Alaska?

GranysT

Seriously, in the northwest you can't let weather be too much of a deciding factor - you just need the right combination of clothing (in layers) so you can adjust accordingly. Gortex is a girl's best friend ...

I kid you not, last weekend in the space of six hours it: snowed, hailed, rained, poured, gusted to 60 mph and then we had radiant sunshine (while it was still raining!), then it was dry, sunny and calm.

The first week of September last year we had sit-out-in-shirtsleeves sunny weather in AK as well as overcast and pouring. Sept. 2 is not by any means the last cruise of the season for most lines, and we saw no evidence of fatigue among tour operators.

Happy planning, HCBI

Our first Alaska cruise was in the last two weeks of July. Our second Alaska cruise was May 7 - 20, 07. We had beautiful weather until the 16th when we went to Hubbard Glacier, you could barely see the glacier and ice was everywhere in the bay. And then Juneau (our last port) was also miserable. This time we are trying out June.

Wow, thanks to all of you for all the information. I still have a lot of research to do, but that's ok, I still have a lot of saving to do also. LOL

I have come to one huge conclusion, referring back to my original post. You just choose the time of year you want, and keep your fingers crossed, because it's all one big Crap Shoot. :D:

Dawn, we did the Panama Canal in 2006. Just a partial transit, but we got off the ship in Gatun Lake, and took the train tour from the beginning locks to the end locks. We enjoyed it a lot. We were on the Brilliance, and it was one of my fave cruises. Next to Hawaii, of course. LOL

Archived