Chair Hog photo....

matj2000

I must agree with most, that chair hogs are just that, "hogs" and RUDE. But by the same token, I've noticed lately that society in general is rude! I guess I'm old school, as when significant other DW and I plop our butts in a chair by pool and others show up to watch their youngsters, if there is a lady present, I will offer my seat. You know common courtisy I guess. The last thing we need while on a vacation cruise is the stresses of everyday rudeness. I'd rather leave and do something fun, as there is sooo much to do onboard. Just my personal way of doing stuff. Remember we are on vaca.

I think that with the amount of chair hog reserved chairs in photo, why don't they post here? Ya know get a bit of feed back.:eek:

Why is it these threads always have those of us who disagree with "hogging" but there are oh so many people who do the "hogging"? Where are they? Have you ever seen a poster admit they're a hog?

BTW, just got off EOS and there are crew that actually "patrol" the deck area looking for left stuff and they stow it at the towel exchange. I didn't spend anytime on deck in a chair but I noticed them around a lot.

I guess it is all has to do with the class of cruise line you are use to sailing on – mass market vs. premium. I haven’t sailed on MSC, but on HAL, early in the morning the crew sets up the chairs for the day and places a nicely rolled up towel on each one. There are also bins of more clean towels nearby.

There is also no “lost towel charge” on HAL. On port days they have a pile of clean beach towels (different than the nicer ones they put out around the pool) at the gangway when you go into port. No signing them out. You just take what you need and return them to a bin when you get back to the ship or if you are going on a ship sponsored shore excursion a crew member takes them back to the ship so you don’t have to carry wet towels around all day in port.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCC - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ’09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ‘07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Archived