I'm glad RC is doing so well

Try booking the excursions one at a time via the website. I had the same problem last month when trying to book multiples. I called customer service and they suggested that I wait 15 minutes for the system to reset and try booking them individually. It was a pain, but it worked. I also printed a copy after booking each just to insure I wasn't double charged.

Good morning all. I tried again this morning and had no luck. Oh well....

Just for the record: I don't want anything more than I am paying for. RC is in the business of selling things. If a company that sells things has a problem with its "seller" it fixes the "seller". In this case the "seller" is its web site. If it can't fix its "seller" right away it should take steps to sell its things another way. It might hire some people to call the buyers who are having problems, it might take orders over the phone, it can do a number of things to satisfy the buyers. In this case, it appears that RC has not taken any of these steps. Too bad. I will still enjoy my cruise. I feel very confident that I can book my two little excursions on board. I will eat all the food and drink all the booz and have a grand time. I won't try to sneek booz onboard. I won't be rude to anyone on the ship. I will wait until others are off the elevator before I get on. I will wait my turn to get off the ship, etc.

Got to go now. I tried to buy some books from Amazon on line, but their web site wasn't working. I am on my way to the mall to buy them from the local bookstore.:D

Looking forward to meeting you on board. Our local library just had a used book sale and I stocked up. Do you like James Patterson? I plan to bring some books I have read and leave them in the ships library. You will enjoy this cruise. We cruised South American last year, starting in Sao Paula and ending in Valpariso. Was wonderful. From what most people say the Radiance is a favorite ship.

Jan

I wouldn't let the website glitch get you so annoyed that it causes you not to enjoy the cruise before you even have stepped one foot on board. Maybe it will get fixed before you depart, maybe it won't. Either way I'm pretty sure that you will get the excursion that you want and more than likely the sun will continue to rise each morning as expected.

exactly.

technology is not the same as customer service. Sometimes, things go wrong with no apparent cause. These are the kind of problems that are very difficult to fix. So, they gave you an alternate method for booking. You choose to not use the alternate method, and that is your right.

But please don't jump to the conclusion that a problem preventing your booking excursions online has a direct correlation to the universe of RC's customer service. Could be the booking problem is your pc or browser or invalid data entry.

I understand what you're saying and agree about local credit card# theft. It's happened to us. However, I will not give my number online unless it's a secure, encrypted site. That means NO email or FAX. I won't send my number via snail mail, either. I hesitate even giving it over the phone!

That's very wise. If you are going to give credit card numbers over the phone, pick up a hard-wired "landline". I have scanner around here somewhere that can receive cordless phones, baby monitors, wireless intercoms and analog cell phones. Others might have one also.

I'm sorry that you are having a problem with Royal Caribbeans website. I also realize that you would like to make your shore excurision reservations online.

If the problem prevails, I will tell you that the ship only allows so many bookings to be made online. I discovered this when trying to make a reservation for my inlaws for Iguazu Falls, in Argentina. The website would not take the reservation.

In an insuing conversation with a staff member at Royal Caribbean, I was told that because many people do not have computers or have the ability to book online, the ship will hold approximately 60% of the total bookings.

Hope this helps.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Archived