Aqua Spa Terrace

EssexGary

Hi all, we're on Solstice on 4th May. I am getting slightly anxious about all the stuff I'm reading about sun chair-hogging. I for one have no problem asking a member of staff for a couple of chairs, and if they can't help, removing articles from unattended chairs. But to save this conflict, I wondered what the Aqua Spa terrace was like - I notice from a 360 cross section brochure I have of the ship (from the 2010 Europe brochure) that there are sun chairs there - but what's it like to stay there all day? We are AQ so I would imagine will get to use it. Is it quieter? are chairs saved at 6am??

Thanks!

Do you mean the spa veranda in front of the excercise equipment area?

This area was typically fairly open, but there weren't a lot of chairs up there. It was also a place people liked to work out - saw a few bikes out there for spinning in the sun.

We thought about using this area but never did. Its an area open to everyone, of course.

AQ class does not have a special area to sunbathe. I also looked near the gym. i only saw a spon class out there. Solstice deck was good and quiet. i am hoping next year they will add chairs where the lawn is now.

I would be quite happy to take a towel and lay it on the grass - but it seems you are not mean't to do that either... I'll try it and let you know if I get away with it! It will be ironic if I get moved off the grass with a towel when they can't even remove the stuff off unattended sun-chairs.

I think we should all start a trend of laying on the grass on beach-towels. It would be really fun - and send a strong message about the lack of chairs!!!

Who's with me!! (and if you're not, come and see me on 4th May!)

Hi,

To support the OP's original question, the Aqua Spa Terrace is very nice. I can't say what it's like to be out there all day, as I didn't do that.

Since it is across the bow, I'm wondering if wind might be an issue?

The furniture on the Spa Terrace is more lounge chair & ottoman type than deck chair.

Here are links to a couple of photos:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2214825830099099348JCWTed

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2248369680099099348qQCjmB

For those claiming this is not the Spa Terrace, that is how this area is referred to on the ship deck plans. It is all the way forward, Deck 12, in front of the gym, which is in front of the Aqua Spa.

CM

Archived