Westerdam

greenp

Hi all, Iam new to the forum, anyone sailing on the Westerdam March 29th 09?, yes thats 10 days to go! cant wait.

We are 46 and 47 years, what age group should we expect joing us? We live in the UK and are looking forward to some sunshine.

What time does the gym open on the Westerdam.

Has anyone got any sailed on this ship in the last couple of months, if so what did you think of the food and service ?

We sailed on the Westerdam this past New Year.It was a fantastic cruise. The ship was great and so was the food and service! The ONLY issue we had was the open dinner seating.When we tried to make a reservation in the regular dinning room,they were always booked even though we would try to do this two day in advance,as requested. On the days that we did get a reservation,there was always a wait for our table....sometimes a half hour,sometimes longer. If I went on HAL again (and I would in a second!) I would pick a dinner seating time for the entire cruise.My DH and I are 48 and there were people of all ages on our cruise. We felt there was a good mix of all ages sailing with us. We loved HAL and the Westerdam. Have a wonderful trip!

We were on the Feb 8th sailing and absolutely loved it! The gym opens at 6am and that seems to be the busiest time of the day. We had a good mix of all ages - lots of older people of course (we're 50 & 51) but a surprising number of people who looked younger than us. There weren't alot of kids, thank goodness - and they all seemed well behaved.

The food was good considering the # of meals they prepare in a day. The Lido was better than expected, and the dining room was just as expected. The Pinnacle for dinner was excellent. There's no excuse to go hungry, in any event!

The cast performing the shows & the other entertainers (Joel Mason and Jim Labriola) were all excellent - the best overall on any of my 19 or 20 cruises. The ship looked good as new to us.

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

We sailed on the Westerdam this past New Year.It was a fantastic cruise. The ship was great and so was the food and service! The ONLY issue we had was the open dinner seating.When we tried to make a reservation in the regular dinning room,they were always booked even though we would try to do this two day in advance,as requested. On the days that we did get a reservation,there was always a wait for our table....sometimes a half hour,sometimes longer. If I went on HAL again (and I would in a second!) I would pick a dinner seating time for the entire cruise.My DH and I are 48 and there were people of all ages on our cruise. We felt there was a good mix of all ages sailing with us. We loved HAL and the Westerdam. Have a wonderful trip!

I am so glad we had fixed seating!

Nice to hear there are young'uns on board. I am 55 (going on 30) and she is over 21 (staying out of trouble here, never reveal a ladies age). We are all as young as we feel.

Look for the backgammon players...

Frank

Archived