Orca EnterPrise. how long before you received paper/email confirmation?

cruisinmom68

We made our reservations yesterday and paid a 50% deposit.

My husband thought she said it would be 15 days till we received a confirmation. The money has already been deducted so it seems weird they wouldnt send an email confirm. around the same time as taking money.

Maybe I am just being a nervous nellie but I know they get busy and would hate to have anything get messed up.:cool:

just curious for those that have already booked or booked in the past. How long after your phone call and payment did you receive a confirmation of your excursion and payment?

Thanks so much

just curious for those that have already booked or booked in the past. How long after your phone call and payment did you receive a confirmation of your excursion and payment?

We received our confirmation within hours of paying. The people at Orca have been very friendly, I am sure they won't mind if you shoot them an e-mail or give them a call to make sure everything is set.

My husband thought she said it would be 15 days till we received a confirmation. The money has already been deducted so it seems weird they wouldnt send an email confirm. around the same time as taking money.

Maybe I am just being a nervous nellie but I know they get busy and would hate to have anything get messed up.:cool:

Thanks so much

I also made reservations with Orca (50% deposit) yesterday 3/19/09. I was told that it would be 10 days to 2 weeks to get my confirmation.

I think that is alittle long but have read good reviews on this board about Orca.

Last year we booked with Orca and they told us 10 days to two weeks. I think it was close to the two weeks before we received a confirmation.

I was really worried till everyone on here said they were very reliable.

We had a very good trip with them. Everything was just as they said. Don't worry! ;)

I also got mine right after payment. That was over a month ago, I think.

It might depend how busy they are. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your cc is also a receipt.

I can't wait.

• Administrators

Like many of the independent operators in Alaska, this is a small company. It's friends, family, and a small group of employees. We are still in their off-season, so sometimes things don't go like they do at amazon.com, and giantmegacompany.com and so on. I tried hard to keep that in mind when planning Alaska last year, but still found myself a bit nervous at one point, so I emailed Orca about it. I received a very prompt email reply from Larry which erased my concerns, and we had a wonderful time on our trip with them.

It's logical and reasonable to expect written confirmation (via email if nothing else) of your reservation, but please don't judge these folks by how you'd feel if your local "big box" store screwed something up. Mostly these are just people trying to make a living, and they aren't trying to cause you angst by being "away from keyboard" for a couple of days when all YOU want to do is finalize your plans -- THEY are probably spending time with family, working their "other" job, maybe taking their own vacation, etc. :)

It was a few days before we got our confirmation, and I vaguely recall that they said it would be a few days when I talked to them on the phone, so I wouldn't worry if you don't get it immediately. I got the definite impression when talking with them that they keep track of things on actual paper (the lady I talked to on the phone had to find the proper book for the month I was reserving).

I just booked the whale watching tour and helicopter/dog sledding tours through them. They had said that it might be up to 5-10 days before I get the confirmation and that I shouldn't worry. However, I received the email confirmation within 2 days. They have been very helpful and informative. I cannot wait for the cruise:D!

Thanks so much

WE never got ours from them..They were difficult to do business with and to communicate with..Very unprofessional..:)..I cancelled our reservations and they still kept part of my deposit..They told me the cancellation policy was on the paper work they sent to me and it was quoted to me over the phone..WELL no one read anything to me over the phone and I never got any paper work.. I fought and got my deposit back though the credit card company..

My advise is to keep a close watch and bug them until you get your paper work..

I must say when I called them, they were very clear about the I think it's $25pp non refundable deposit.

And if the time is close there's a 50% charge. I know we WILL be making this tour so no problem for me. I would call them if you have any questions.

I must have lucked out as I found them easy to work with, very clear on things and I got a confirmation quickly.

Plus everything I've read has been positive about this excursion.

I can't wait, hope we see lots of whale's. :)

I booked with Orca this week. I was told that confirmation with take afew days but Terry

that I spoke with was very nice to talk with. She told me that deposit is 50% down.

If you cancel, Orca keeps $25 of the deposit.

I am looking forward to the Orca Whale Watching Tour.

I had too did not get an e-mail as promised so I called a few days after my booking and with in a few hours I finally got an e-mail confirmation. I booked sometime in early Feb for a June cruise. Apparantley there had been a power outage. They were very apologetic and I now have my confirmation;)

We booked with Orca in mid-January, and it did take a couple of days to get the confirmation email but they were good about answering my questions via email and phone. I remember worrying that maybe my reservation hadn't gone through but they reassured me that it sometimes takes a bit of time to get the confirmations out.

We ended up changing our plans to include the trip to Mendenhall after the boat trip (all through Orca), and we are looking forward to our trip!

Just seconding that there is no need to worry but also no reason not to send a quick email double checking that you're in the book for your requested date.

I got an email from a friend of another vendor because she's on vacation with her granddaughter someplace warm and sunny. It is a lot more family style for most independent AK operators ... but that doesn't mean they're not reliable by any means! HCBI

Archived