Ruby - Best Aft Cabin

Sailor Gal

We're thinking of booking Ruby and have always wanted to try an aft balcony. I know there are some more and less desirable cabins due to location, size, noise, vibration, etc. Any recommendations for best aft balcony or one to avoid on Ruby? Thanks in advance.

We have R751 booked on the Ruby. We had relatively the same cabin booked on the Diamond but it was covered. I understand R751 is not covered. I'm dying to hear about it!

If you are looking to book a regular balcony cabin and not a suite, then category BB has some after facing cabins on Caribe deck - corner rooms (C752/C753) and their twins on baja deck (B748/B749). I can tell you from first hand experience these balconies are awesome - large (around 11x 10), fully covered, very private - overlooking nothing but the ship's wake. These balconies do not have any beam/column obstructions and are not adjacent to any vents. The only potential drawback is very little sun on the balcony due to the depth of the ceiling on the balcony.

The cabin interior is OK - like any other balcony cabin.

These cabins book up quickly so you may need to plan ahead....

If you are looking to book a regular balcony cabin and not a suite, then category BB has some after facing cabins on Caribe deck - corner rooms (C752/C753) and their twins on baja deck (B748/B749). I can tell you from first hand experience these balconies are awesome - large (around 11x 10), fully covered, very private - overlooking nothing but the ship's wake. These balconies do not have any beam/column obstructions and are not adjacent to any vents. The only potential drawback is very little sun on the balcony due to the depth of the ceiling on the balcony.

The cabin interior is OK - like any other balcony cabin.

These cabins book up quickly so you may need to plan ahead....

That is great advice. If you have the choice, it might be quieter on the Baja Deck vs. the Caribe Deck.

Spo,

We were in R751 on Ruby's Inaugural and loved it so much that we are in the same cabin but on the other side of the ship this November. I LOVED the balcony and there is a back door right by the cabin that goes to the aft pool. From there it's just a few steps to the Cafe Caribe/Horizon Court.

Have a wonderful time - it's a great cabin in a great location.

Thanks for the info. everyone! Does anyone know if the balcony doors can be opened between balconies in the aft or are there steel beams on the sides? We want to travel with another couple and open them up if possible. I've been trying to find pictures of the aft where I can take a good look at the balconies, beams, etc. but so far no luck finding for Ruby Princess.

Spo,

We were in R751 on Ruby's Inaugural and loved it so much that we are in the same cabin but on the other side of the ship this November. I LOVED the balcony and there is a back door right by the cabin that goes to the aft pool. From there it's just a few steps to the Cafe Caribe/Horizon Court.

Have a wonderful time - it's a great cabin in a great location.

Thanks Crown Cruiser for the info! I'm familiar with that area because we stayed in the same location on the Diamond. I was more curious about the balcony than anything else. I've always preferred the smaller covered balconies to the larger uncovered balconies. I understand that this one is uncovered. Can you tell me more about the balcony itself? Thanks!!

Spa,

I found this pix of the back of Ruby. As you can see, each balcony in the back has a small overhang. It did provide enough shade as long as you are not sailing due each while the sun is setting. If so, boy oh boy was that balcony sunny! (but so was our cabin and we would have to close the curtains to keep the heat out). All in all though, what a great place to be on board. We are sailing on Ruby on April 11 and have C752 which is also aft. I can't wait!

fotos1073.jpg.c3bceaf43c428225211b07bdcf8aa6be.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello SPO! I have read that you were on Ruby for her maiden voyage. By any chance do you have any photos of your room during your cruise as we are sailng on Ruby Oct 2009 Thank you for any pictures you may have, Radtech

Hello SPO! I have read that you were on Ruby for her maiden voyage. By any chance do you have any photos of your room during your cruise as we are sailng on Ruby Oct 2009 Thank you for any pictures you may have, Radtech

Hi Radtech,

You're actually going to be on the Ruby 3 months BEFORE me! I'm jealous! Do you have R751 booked? If so, I want to hear all about it. I'm familiar with the stateroom -- they're pretty much all alike. What I really want to know about is the balcony!!!! Is it bigger or smaller than port and starboard Riveria balconies and how exposed are you to the terrace pool above? Dying to know all about it!!

Thanks!!

My husband and I are booked in the C752 cabin on Ruby coming up on May 4 Grand Mediterranean itinerary! I'll let you know how wonderful it was when I get back on the 17th! Lucky us - I knew that aft cabins were fantastic, but had no idea what a gem we scored when I booked that room way back in November.

My husband and I are booked in the C752 cabin on Ruby coming up on May 4 Grand Mediterranean itinerary! I'll let you know how wonderful it was when I get back on the 17th! Lucky us - I knew that aft cabins were fantastic, but had no idea what a gem we scored when I booked that room way back in November.

Well I'll really be interested as we have this cabin booked for this time next year:D I have had it booked from the time the sailings were posted.:):)

Can't wait - but we have to

We were in C752 last week. Great cabin as it always is, sometimes sunny sometimes shade, but total privacy, assuming your balcony neighbors aren't nosy.

We had great weather, not even extremely hot, like it has been sometimes so far south.

Fort Lauderdale airport was a mess coming home, however, probably due to spring break. Also, anyone flying back on Southwest, check-in is complimentary just off the Ruby. It was nice not to haul all those suitcases to the airport.

Hope those of you cruising soon have as great a time as we did.

• 2 months later...

Archived