Queen victoria hull cracks reported

Savoia

I'm quite interested to know how someone in New York knows anything about Goole docks!!!

I live about 10 miles from there and have to drive by sometimes, Couldn't help laughing!!! Sorry, totally unrelated to thread, Goole docks, ha ha.

It's a long story :)

My enthusiasm for all things Goole has clearly crossed the Atlantic.

J

And so it should??

Indeed!

By the way - all the best for 16 May. I hope you get a good turnout. As we will have passed through Soton on our way north on 2 May, I can't think that we could get back down again on 16th but hope you have a great time anyway.

J

It's a long story :)

My enthusiasm for all things Goole has clearly crossed the Atlantic.

J

So well known and respected is Jimmy's enthusiam for this place that he has been awarded the honorary distinction of "Ginn Gann Gooley Gooley Gooley Gooley Wotsit" and is greeted everywhere in that fair town by aclamations of 'Ginn Gann Gooole! Ginn Gann Goooole' *during the annual Rustbucket Recognition Ceremony which takes place on the first Wednesday after the Gibbous Moon within the octave of Michaelmas.

Not a lot of people know that.

* This post is somewhat uk-centric and I apologise unreservedly to the Cousins. But really guys, it's no bigdeal, believe me.

Gari

No it isn't! Goole is world famous.

J

That's right, J. I've even heard of Goole. He is a spirit that flies around northern England, trying to bother all the British sailors. They try to avoid him like the plague. Rumor has it, though, if anyone is able to photograph him, he will cease to exist, but he's a sly old phantom and thus far, has been successful in avoiding his demise.:cool:

That's right, J. I've even heard of Goole. He is a spirit that flies around northern England, trying to bother all the British sailors. They try to avoid him like the plague. Rumor has it, though, if anyone is able to photograph him, he will cease to exist, but he's a sly old phantom and thus far, has been successful in avoiding his demise.:cool:

Sorry Gail - this is Gari we're discussing I take it?

J

I'm quite interested to know how someone in New York knows anything about Goole docks!!!

I live about 10 miles from there and have to drive by sometimes, Couldn't help laughing!!! Sorry, totally unrelated to thread, Goole docks, ha ha.

Well, we New Yorkers pride ourselves on having a well-developed knowledge of all the hot spots around the globe.:D Have you done the boat tour?:)

She's bound to have! It beats the heck out of QM2.

J

Say, if you are in fact cancelling the upcoming trip on QV out of fear of her splitting in two, you could organize a CC Meet and Greet on the Goole Docks boat tour. Start a Roll Call and all that..."Other Cruise Lines" board, I should think.;) Or start a contest to give away a free trip?:eek:

This has really got me laughing now!! Goole is our nearest town and is the but of many jokes but I didn't realise it was world famous!! Anyway Yorkshire people tight? Dictionary? Must have missed something, I'll just go get me flat cap and shovel!!

This has really got me laughing now!! Goole is our nearest town and is the but of many jokes but I didn't realise it was world famous!! Anyway Yorkshire people tight? Dictionary? Must have missed something, I'll just go get me flat cap and shovel!!

Linda,

to get a better idea of how I "helped to make Goole world famous" have a riffle through my website:

http://jimmychristie.fotopic.net/

Jimmy

Archived