Queen victoria hull cracks reported

Savoia

Cunard/Carnival is being mum but other cruise ship web pages are reporting Carnival has discovered serious bulkhead cracks extending through 7 decks of the Queen Victoria.

Anyone else heard about this? many people predicted this ship would have issues, Carnival heavily redesigned this ship and the thought was perhaps corners were cut.

well it's gotta be true if someone posted it on an internet chat board who read it on a website where it was posted by someone who heard it from thier friend who was at a cocktail party on board and was told by an officer who said...

and although the company is keeping mum about a ship cruising around the world with serious bulkhead cracks extending through seven decks... everyone somehow knows all about it. :eek:

actually, I first heard this in January...

well it's gotta be true if someone posted it on an internet chat board who read it on a website where it was posted by someone who heard it from thier friend who was at a cocktail party on board and was told by an officer who said...

and although the company is keeping mum about a ship cruising around the world with serious bulkhead cracks extending through seven decks... everyone somehow knows all about it. :eek:

actually, I first heard this in January...

As did I Kyle....that's 2 1/2 months to be sailing with such a crack.:rolleyes: I believe the version I read came from someone's crew member boyfriend...a great source of accurate information!! :rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Cunard/Carnival is being mum but other cruise ship web pages are reporting Carnival has discovered serious bulkhead cracks extending through 7 decks of the Queen Victoria.

Anyone else heard about this? many people predicted this ship would have issues, Carnival heavily redesigned this ship and the thought was perhaps corners were cut.

It's a lot of stuff and nonsense being spread by people who don't have much time for QV (one posts on this board). The last I heard (and saw a photo of) there was a tiny hairline crack in an internal partition - which they seem to have solved by plastering over!!! :rolleyes:

Ken ;)

It's a lot of stuff and nonsense being spread by people who don't have much time for QV (one posts on this board). The last I heard (and saw a photo of) there was a tiny hairline crack in an internal partition - which they seem to have solved by plastering over!!! :rolleyes:

Ken ;)

I have a tiny hairline :obut as far as being plastered over, I'm not talking. :D and as far as I know there are no photos...;)

I have a tiny hairline :obut as far as being plastered over, I'm not talking. :D and as far as I know there are no photos...;)

There is a photo but it's on a CCer's blog and I don't want to hold them up to ridicule ;)

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

This report is rather alarming but I would have thought that Cunard would be very stupid not to do something about it if it was true. The damage to the company and the cruise industry as a whole would be massive if there were to be a serious incident due to this. Especially as the subject has now been raised on these forums.

Maybe all passengers due to travel on QV should ring Cunard and cancel giving their reason as lack of confidence in the ship due to unconfirmed reports of serious structional faults

This report is rather alarming but I would have thought that Cunard would be very stupid not to do something about it if it was true. The damage to the company and the cruise industry as a whole would be massive if there were to be a serious incident due to this. Especially as the subject has now been raised on these forums.

Maybe all passengers due to travel on QV should ring Cunard and cancel giving their reason as lack of confidence in the ship due to unconfirmed reports of serious structional faults

Yeah, righto mate!

I'll be there with bells on.

Now if it were on a plane it would be a different matter:D

In all honesty, if there's a crack in one of the interior bulkheads,what do you people think will happen? Do you think it will fall into pieces and sink?

Good grief:confused:

Glenn.

Since they are insured by AIG the US taxpayers will "chip" in to pay for the repair or losses at sea.

Now how about that for starting a rumor. Am sure one of you all can come up with a BIGGER one than I.

Let the fun begin.:D

Losses at sea????????

Are you people idiots????:confused::confused:

Just who are you, anyway?

So YOU would cancel a cruise purely on the basis of heresay, there is one born every minute

I totally agree. In fact, I am just off the phone to Cunard and have cancelled. I told them that I would not have my personal safety compromised, and I added that I would never set foot on one of their rust-buckets ever again.

J

Just who are you, anyway?

Maybe a disgruntled former Carnival employee? Maybe a wannabe Cunard guest? Maybe someone who just likes to stir the pot? Maybe someone who needs to find another playpen? After his/her recent run of posts here, my advice is to consider the source and ignore them.

Oops, I've figured it out! Favorite cruise line is Disney so I'm guessing a clown!

I totally agree. In fact, I am just off the phone to Cunard and have cancelled. I told them that I would not have my personal safety compromised, and I added that I would never set foot on one of their rust-buckets ever again.

J

Right, so it's the Goole docks boatcruise for you then. How will you explain this to the beloved??

Right, so it's the Goole docks boatcruise for you then. How will you explain this to the beloved??

OK come on! You think I'm a cheapskate already. We were going to Soton anyway, so I'll really go mad and take her on the Isle of White Ferry!

J

OK come on! You think I'm a cheapskate already. We were going to Soton anyway, so I'll really go mad and take her on the Isle of White Ferry!

J

If Isla Sinclair married Barry white, divorced him then married Brian Ferry that would be her name.

Maybe a disgruntled former Carnival employee? Maybe a wannabe Cunard guest? Maybe someone who just likes to stir the pot? Maybe someone who needs to find another playpen? After his/her recent run of posts here, my advice is to consider the source and ignore them.

Oops, I've figured it out! Favorite cruise line is Disney so I'm guessing a clown!

Not a clown, more like a mouse . . . ;)

ovccruiser: I didn't say I would cancel, but IF there was a problem Cunard were hiding then they'd have to react to mass cancellation and come clean. :confused:

nitwit: as you are going on 'tricky vicky' after Easter maybe you could have a look around for some unusually wide gaps around the place. Doors that open in AND out for example. Ability to see into next cabins washroom from your wardrobe is another. Pay attention to any overly loud creaking noises in the night......especially in heavy swell.

Unfortunately I've booked to go on her very soon and I must say the thought of it splitting in two in the middle of the Bay of Biscay is not something I like to have on my mind as I prepare mentally for a fortnights holiday.:)

Crouchan: How did you manage to talk to Cunard about your cancellation with you tongue in your cheek :D

ovccruiser: I didn't say I would cancel, but IF there was a problem Cunard were hiding then they'd have to react to mass cancellation and come clean. :confused:

nitwit: as you are going on 'tricky vicky' after Easter maybe you could have a look around for some unusually wide gaps around the place. Doors that open in AND out for example. Ability to see into next cabins washroom from your wardrobe is another. Pay attention to any overly loud creaking noises in the night......especially in heavy swell.

Unfortunately I've booked to go on her very soon and I must say the thought of it splitting in two in the middle of the Bay of Biscay is not something I like to have on my mind as I prepare mentally for a fortnights holiday.:)

Crouchan: How did you manage to talk to Cunard about your cancellation with you tongue in your cheek :D

You have to be joking - yes???

below is a link to a photo of the 'crack' which is posted on someone's blog and nothing to do with me - talk about a fuss over nothing.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=177912172&blogID=471735463

Ken

Archived