Will My Dad Ever Want To Cruise Again?

Here is a solution-why not allow suite passengers to reserve loungers if they choose, but if they do not use them offer them at a price to others. Say $10 a day? So you see, a perk for suite PAX as they would be no extra cost, but for a small cost others could reserve loungers not being used in that area.

Wonderful idea/suggestion but it will take away the argument which is what this thread is all about.

I am a suite traveler and what I said on a different thread was quite similar. Don't reserve a certain area but allow suite passengers to reserve a seat of their choosing when desired. you can even take away the pool side seats if necessary. Without the reservation the seat remains open for everyone and there is No charge for anyone. IMO most suite passengers don't stay by the pool very long anyway.

So you and I may leave...but for the same MONEY...we must search for a cruise line that offers all those same amenities (flowrider, rock climbing walls etc)...

mmmmm, not quite.

first, "we must", no, I don't hafta nothing. sorry, just being overly literal and picky.

I don't actually care about flowrider, rock climbing, boxing, whatever, not what I'm onboard for. It's about itinerary for me. I might be able to find a route "close enuf" and it could well be cheaper. Haven't looked.

For those about The Stuff, I agree, you won't find the Same Stuff elsewhere. Chair hogs are everywhere.

Don't reserve a certain area but allow suite passengers to reserve a seat of their choosing when desired. you can even take away the pool side seats if necessary. Without the reservation the seat remains open for everyone and there is No charge for anyone. IMO most suite passengers don't stay by the pool very long anyway.

Thank you for providing a constructive suggestion. I personally would not like this change, because it would require me to plan my day and know exactly when I want a lounger reserved (ie from 1pm-3pm on Tuesday), and schedules are what I try to escape on vacation :D (unless I misunderstood - and I apologize if I did)

You are so right, NJCruiseGal32....That is just another "People's Republic of Cruising statement". One assumes that poster would like RCCL to reconfigure the ship so all rooms are absolutely alike.

So how far should we take it? Let's follow the logic...

One wonders when someone books a balcony...does that make the Poster a "wannabee" showing off status to those in an inside cabin? WHY NOT?

There are also many hard working folks WORKING on the cruise ship who cannot afford the price of even an inside cabin. So does that make "Mayha" and those posting like Mayha... "wannabees"...pushing their financial status "in the faces" of others who CANNOT afford what THEY can?" Are they not sensitive to this inequality as well? Are the feelings of those folks less worthy than Mayha?

Why should those staff members not view Mayha in the same fashion as she/he does the suite cruisers....as a "wannabee?"

So Mayha...how far to you want to take this? If anyone who has more than YOU is a "wannabee" than YOU are a "wannabee" to everyone not having what you have too.

By YOUR logic you are flaunting your financial status by even booking the cheapest room on the ship. So maybe no vacation should be allowed unless EVERYONE can afford it.

What's not "stupid" in this thread is the impression a potential customer might receive of the "tensions" that some RCCL cruisers have toward anyone they perceive has ANYTHING they do not. The comments about these things being "in their face"...about "wannabees" etc. The OP's father fuming because he cannot havea certain seat.

If there is perceived hostility or real hostility...suite customers will take their business elsewhere. No one wants to encounter this on an optional VACATION. No one wants to be around people who think your choice of a cabin makes you a snob or wannabee.

If too many of those suites sit empty, the People's Republic of Cruising types will find RCCL will make up that lost money somewhere else. The quality of the cruise THEY can afford will be affected. Their hostility will result in a real loss to THEM.

The suite customer will not be the loser.

Thank you, Hazence. I have been crusing for several years, and have never even considered the "have's and have not's". This topic has been battered to no end.

Myself, being a suite passenger, choose such a cabin for our own reasons, and in no way do DH or I feel as if we are any more important than anyone else on board. We do however utilize offered perks for convenience, etc.

I find myself baffled as to why some have marked "suite guest's" as "wannabee's" and what drives them to be so consumed by something in which is offered based on cabin choice.

I for one, will not hesitate for one moment to utilize my perks nor will I feel guility about it. I am there to cruise and enjoy myself, so if said persons choose to judge, go right ahead stare at DH and I in our reserved seats, and we'll choose to ingore your ignorant behavior.

To clarify,

Not all suite passengers are wannabes

but it is obvious some are.

If the shoe fits wear it.

As long as we're being picky about words...suite customers don't "wannabee" anything...they ARE exactly where they choose to be. "Wannabees " are those who haven't gotten there yet.

The shoe would only fit those who "wannabee" in suites...but aren't.

Some of you might find these threads of interest. I am thinking this is along the same line as where this thread has gone only it concerns the concierge lounge. I did not read it all but it seems RCI might be taking access to this lounge from the Diamond and Diamond + members.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=913392

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=956473&highlight=changes

As long as we're being picky about words...suite customers don't "wannabee" anything...they ARE exactly where they choose to be. "Wannabees " are those who haven't gotten there yet.

The shoe would only fit those who "wannabee" in suites...but aren't.

lol...gosh how I love your comments!!

DH & I would love to cruise with people such as yourself.

Suite people pay for a nice suite, not for special seating in public places. They would have booked the suites regardless. Fortunately, I am a new cruiser so can check out other ships without worrying about any status or stock ownership. I think we will rethink our 2010 anniversary cruise and consider another line. Since coming here I have discovered some things about RCI that really bother me.

Fortunately, RCCL decides what Suite pax pay for and not the posters here....if RCCL decides that Suite PAX get special seating or whatever else they decide that is EXACTLY what a Suite pax will be paying for..

And for the mulititudes that keep complaining about "public" spaces....the entire ship is a PRIVATE space..its called RCCL's property and they alone decide who may go where and do what to whomever they wish...

Sorry to ruin this thread with a few facts! :p

Fortunately, RCCL decides what Suite pax pay for and not the posters here....if RCCL decides that Suite PAX get special seating or whatever else they decide that is EXACTLY what a Suite pax will be paying for..

And for the mulititudes that keep complaining about "public" spaces....the entire ship is a PRIVATE space..its called RCCL's property and they alone decide who may go where and do what to whomever they wish...

Sorry to ruin this thread with a few facts! :p

Well said, and well needed here on this thread. It appears that ceartin individuals are not aware of such facts.

Archived